+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Genea and medicated FET cycle

Hi all

Sorry if there is already a post about my question, I am realtively new to this forum stuff.
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has done or are in the middle of a medicated FET cycle with Genea (Sydney IVF)? With the progesterone pessaries are we able to shove them in the back end or just the usual? The nurse said to lye down for 30 minutes after morning and night. I have a baby and am going to find this very difficult...any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. Hi, I am in the same boat as you! I put the pessaries in like a tampon and I usually try to lie down for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hr at night. The chemist said its better if you do 1 hr but the nurse said at least 30 min is fine. The morning one is easy as I set the alarm 1 hr earlier than I would normally wake up, then go back to sleep. The night one is not so easy as they said you must do it 12 hrs later than the morning one, 13 hrs max. So I just lie down after dinner and haven't gone out at night since I started the pessaries! I also have a baby so my hubby has to look after him at night and luckily he usually is still asleep in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Lovenewfies and Little blessings Yes you can use them in the back end. You just can't go to the loo for an hour.

Did you know you can get some money back from some Private Health Funds with the pessaries.

Good luck with your cycles I hope you both have a posative outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Samarasmum! I think I got $30 back from PBS and I paid $188 for 1 mth supply. I didn't realize progesterone can cost so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I had no idea that it cost so much...seriously ...as though IVF isnt expensive enough!! Im not looking forward to staying flat for an hour twice a day with a baby at home...I think hubby will need to be VERY patient!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think everything IVF related is very expensive!! But we are really lucky we get Medicare already! I've tried IVF overseas before, and it costed me a little less than $100 per Gonal F needles a day with no rebates!
    I've been doing the pessaries for a week now. You will get used to it! If we get a BFP, we will be doing it until end of first trimester!!