+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought the Thomas table for Xmas for DS & its been a brilliant purchase! It does take up a fair bit of space so we just sold our 2nd coffee table that we rarely used & replaced it with the Thomas table. Its great to keep everything in the one space, otherwise there would be tracks all over the house! Our dogs also like to chew the wooden tracks, so we can't have pieces on the floor. DS loves helping us organize a new circuit for him.

We bought a few of the Thomas sets with windmills, tunnels, cranes etc, but you need to get a switching or crossing track pack as well. If you don't, you'll have trouble connecting the pieces & getting the most out of the space of the table. We're just about to buy some more elevated tracks so it becomes even more fun!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blonde Assassin For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the advice. I got quite overwhelmed when looking through all the different packs that were available, so that gives me a good starting point.

Sounds like wooden and unmotorised are good to start with, and we can build up from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a mixture of the old Tomy Tomica train tracks with the connecters to connect them to the new track master train tracks. My DD loves them she enjoys the motorised trains with buildings and cranky that moves forwards and backwards. She sets the train tracks up all her self. They go in, down the hallways and into my bedroom then back.

She spends hours making up stories with all her trains. I dont think it inhabits her imagination at all to be honest.
    I strongly recommend rechargable batteries though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Missemzy For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (22-05-2012)