+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default HELP HELP - Sat Phone Calls

HELP PLEASE????????????????

DH works away 9 days each Fortnight and he is only contactable via sat phone - recently (the last month) I have been ringing him each night and talking for ages. It has been costing me(us) a fortune but to be honest I don't care because I just need to talk to him because I'm not coping.

So DH just was talking to one of the truck drivers out there and he said that even though I was ringing him that the sat phone still charges for me ringing him - which means we could have 1000-2000 dollars racked up in calls when his employer gets the bill and I'm freaking out so much - and so is DH.

Please someone tell me if this is true or not - I'm really freaking out

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump - Please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    can he ring his boss to find out??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Ready To Run  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea.. Have you tried googling the information?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found out that telstra doesn't seem to charge for incoming calls but I'm not completely certain that they are with telstra - Things aren't exactly good here at the moment especially since DH had a minor accident out there this time that wasn't even his fault but the guys out there are giving him hell and he's going to cop it when he gets back this afternoon so I think it's probably just best not to ask right now I hate the sh!t we have to put up with in this place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready To Run View Post
    I just found out that telstra doesn't seem to charge for incoming calls but I'm not completely certain that they are with telstra - Things aren't exactly good here at the moment especially since DH had a minor accident out there this time that wasn't even his fault but the guys out there are giving him hell and he's going to cop it when he gets back this afternoon so I think it's probably just best not to ask right now I hate the sh!t we have to put up with in this place
    Is your DH in mining?
    Where about's are you?

My dad was a super intendant in mining and often Sat calls were our only means of contact and he would be gone for 6-12months at a time.

I'm sorry your having a tough time with your DH being away.
    I couldn't do it! Your very strong.

As for the Sat calls do you have any idea what provider he is with?
    You could call the provider and ask.

Maybe even calling your provider and asking about it might help.

Sending some well needed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rachell, DH works for a very remote shire council in Queensland - They are putting in a new road that connects QLD to SA so hes about 500km from home in a little mobile camp of 4 and he's going through hell so I am feeling so bad for saying how bad I have it. DH was driving the fuel truck - way overloaded was only supposed to fill the tank on the back to 8000L but they made him put in 10000L and also strapped another tank to the back that hangs over by about 2 feet with god knows how much extra in it. He was doing 70km over a straight stretch of road but going over a small hill and a cruiser came over at the same time doing about 100km so DH pulled off very quickley and hit corrugations (sp??) about a foot deep and the fridge that was in the back part of the cab went into the windscreen and smashed it - DH got a huge fright and he's still having trouble because his head hit the roof and hurt his neck and they wouldn't even let him come to town. Now they are all giving him hell over smashing the windscreen and it's just garbage. At least he gets home today

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd assume he's with Telstra if it's a sat phone and that far out! Which hopefully means no charge to receive calls.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sil's hubby has a sat phone as he goes hunting often and she is only allowed to call for absolute emergencys because I think he gets charged to. Similar to an overseas call where it charges the person calling and the perso receiving the call.

Hope I'm wrong. Ring Telstra and ask