+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is 3 any harder than 2?

We have 2 gorgeous kids. DD21. Mths and DS 7.5 mths, I'm considering another baby, ideally get pregnant before the end of this year, we would have 3 under 3... Are we mad? Any advice? Btw 2 is hard but getting easier every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crunchie For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (22-05-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    We have 2 gorgeous kids. DD21. Mths and DS 7.5 mths, I'm considering another baby, ideally get pregnant before the end of this year, we would have 3 under 3... Are we mad? Any advice? Btw 2 is hard but getting easier every day!
    i would also like to know as we are trying for our 3rd now, but my ds just turned 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. Waaaaaay harder. But it's also wonderful for them to have each other. I have 8,3 and 1 and they all play really well together. I still feel I don't have enough one on one time with each of them though. I was going to go for number #4 but not sure I can do it.
    My husband works a lot of hours so isn't home at night so it's a mad house for 3 hours each night.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    Yes your mad, I had 3 under 4 I have found its gotten harder as the boys have gotten older, when they were little and they didn't fight as much it was easy as. I also didn't really get the time to enjoy my boys as babies, I do wish sometimes that I had of spaced my them out more and had time to smell the roses. I have a 2 year 8 month gap between DS2 and DD and I have been able to take things a lot slower this time

Eta sorry I wanted to say I don't find the amount of children hard it's the close age gap that I struggle with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same boat.. Have 2 boys 7.5month and nearly 2.5. I'd love to have one more, ideally ttc starting September.

I must be mad coz they drive me insane but I still want there to be 3 of them no matter how tough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is harder in some ways. For me personally though, I think it's harder getting out and about more than anything. I do really need an extra set of hands My 3 are now 4, 28 months and 15 months and the days are now generally quite smooth but the first few months were quite challenging. They play well together, they fight (as all siblings do) but mostly they absolutely love and adore each other. I probably feel like most days I am stretched for time to spend with each child but all in all we do okay. Ideally, I would of liked a bigger gap between #2 and #3 but she fits so perfectly into our family that I wouldn't have it any other way. Would love #4 eventually. Just a matter of working out when

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll tell you in a couple of weeks

I have found the pregnancy quite a bit harder when you are juggling two kids, particularly if you don't get an afternoon nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Yes your mad, I had 3 under 4 I have found its gotten harder as the boys have gotten older, when they were little and they didn't fight as much it was easy as. I also didn't really get the time to enjoy my boys as babies, I do wish sometimes that I had of spaced my them out more and had time to smell the roses. I have a 2 year 8 month gap between DS2 and DD and I have been able to take things a lot slower this time

Eta sorry I wanted to say I don't find the amount of children hard it's the close age gap that I struggle with.
    Yes. This is as well. I had 20mths b/w #2 and #3 and felt #2 could have had me a little bit longer. They are totally in love now and I've found it is getting easier as they get older. #2 was awful to #3 in the first 12 months. I mean AWFUL. It was so hard and I was in tears a lot from the stress of it all. I would definitely do all
    my age gaps differently if I could!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 7yo, 5yo and a 6month old and yes it can be harder but she also has slotted in really well.

I wasnt intending to have the big age gap between #2 and #3 (we struggled to fall pregnant) but I have to say that DD (6mo) is awesome! As she gets older its getting easier as she sleeps and feeds better now and DS1 and DS2 are terrific big brothers.

The hardest thing I think is that I got used to having the boys be able to entertain themselves now with bubs she needs me all the time so I find I dont get any me time.

So yes its harder.....but it is also easy as well. You know what you need to do and how to do it...and bubs really just tends to fit in as she has now choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure but we plan on having a third with another 3 year gap. Found the 3yr gap between ds1 and ds2 perfect. I really don't think a third would be too much although I'm sure I would had they been really close in age.