+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For me, it was so much easier falling pregnant after my first. Before DS1 was conceived, my DH and I had been trying for nearly 2 years. 3 months after DS1 was born, I fell pregnant with DS2. When DS2 was 8 months, I fell pregnant but it ended in a miscarriage at 11 weeks but 3 months after I fell pregnant with DD. When DD was 6 months, I fell pregnant with DS3. We were not trying for more children after our first so the rest were unplanned. I guess everyone is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Harder for me.

DD took 1 year + Clomid

Now trying for number 2. So far up to 13mths, and now on to IVF.

I asked my FS about that 'it'll be easier next time' comment, as I heard it a lot too. He said that very often it's harder, as you're older the next time you try.

Based on my experiences I would say to try sooner rather than later, but as PP have said - it is different for everyone.
    Your FS makes a good point.

Well it sounds like DH might have the right idea. We have early menopause in my family too (mum and her sister both started at 32, I'm 31) so starting soon might be the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tend to think its harder like the pp said you are older...for me it took 3 cycles for DS, 2 for DD1 & 3 for DD2 however I've now been off BC for 13 months & actively trying for 6 months & still not pg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well I'm 35, came off the pill in march and pregnant first go. I have 2 children already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell first time for number 1. It then took 6 months to fall with number 2 and that resulted in a missed m/c at 12 weeks and then fell straight away for number 2 and number 3.

We waited because we fell first time for number 1 and ended up with a bigger gap than we wanted for number 2 and then started straight away for number 3 and fell first time.... Go figure, you just can't pick it.

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell within 2 cycles with DS and have been TTC #2 for more than 6 years now and will be starting IVF some time next year. It really is luck of the draw I reckon

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took only 3 months from coming off the pill to conceive DS and I thought I was so clever. How wrong was I, another one here with secondary infertility, has been 4.5 years TTC #2 and we're still waiting. My advice to anyone out there who has had 1 child and wants another, please please please do not delay. DS was 2.5 when we started trying, if I could turn back time we would have started trying before he turned 1.

So anyone who has been blessed with a child and would like another, please don't take the risk and delay and start TTC the sooner the better because being able to fall pregnant quickly once does not guarantee it will happen again

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Harder for us too. I conceived DS5 straight away, this time 9 months so far, 2 mc and 1 chem. we've had all the tests but it's unexplained. I'm 32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's one way or the other. I fell quickly all 3 times I've been pregnant.

Some take a long time for their first and then really quickly with their second.

Other get pregnant quickly the first time and then suffer from secondary infertility.

The only way to know is to get trying lol. I hope it doesn't take too long for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not for me. Took 2 months to fall pregnant with DD and now I'm only just pregnant with number 2 after 18 months. My friend on the other hand had ivf for her first and then fell pregnant naturally with number 2