+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, I get the same when I tell people I'm feeling so much better now (in my second trimester) that I'm feeling well enough to exercise. My mum told me exercise was not good for me and blamed my sister in law's miscarriages and still born on her exercising! I was livid and told her off. (It still makes me angry, so willing to blame the mum than to understand it was a genetic problem)

Most people don't seem to understand that exercising is really good for you and the baby and that sitting on your butt for 9 months is not (unless you've been told to rest of course). I think some people just like to judge and assume some kind of vanity on the mums part.

I'm constantly telling my partner I'm not doing anything dangerous but I guess its sweet that he cares.

Good luck with the hormones, I try to avoid dealing with people and I keep apologising to my partner when I'm not biting his head off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you getting enough sleep op? My hormones only really get the best of me if I'm tired. I try to get around nine hours a day sleep now and it really helps (although sometimes that is including a nap if I can't have 9 uninterrupted hours at night).
    I don't get very cranky, but I can literally cry at absolutely nothing (Poor Hubby loves that ).
    As for the exercise, I find it helps me loosen up my sore joints and generally makes me feel a bit better I wouldn't worry about your partners comments, they are better then my Husbands words of wisdom which were "Harden up Princess" (I was crying, exhausted and about to go to work a pretty physical job for 5 hours) at least he gave me a hug, and yep he did get in trouble for being bit of a jerk

Thanks
    Reviews
    im 10 weeks and just started water aerobics. I go once a week atm as im just testing if i like it. My classes are 6pm-6.45pm. when i come home for diner all i feel like is healthy stuff lol
    Get's me out of the house and some 'me time'.
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 25-05-2012 at 10:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You'll actually find exercise will make your whole pregnancy and post-natal recovery much easier. A fit body heals itself much more efficiently than an unfit one!

One of the trainers at the gym I work at was doing pump twice a week till 37 weeks, then she swam every second day. I've got photos of her doing chin ups with her big bump at a crossfit training day we did!

As long as you are smart about it and you listen to your body you'll be fine. There are lots and lots of studies re: healthy babies being born to fit mothers. You'll be giving your bub the best start if you keep yourself fit & healthy - despite what your hubby thinks.

As for the junk food...pregnancy has a mind of its own and even I couldn't keep it 100% under control. (I am a nutrition coach!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Exercise is great during pregnancy - but remember to modify what you do as the pregnancy progresses. I did Pilate throughout my pregnancy, but my Physio had to modify my exercises from about 20 weeks as my centre of gravity kept changing and of course I couldn't lie on my tummy anymore!

BUT, exercise isn't the full solution to pregnancy mood swings. Unfortunately, that's just part of pregnancy. Getting enough sleep, exercising when possible and eating regularly will help, but those mood swings are likely to still be shocking! I hated the mood swings of pregnancy as they were so unpredictable! The good news is that I felt A LOT better when bubs arrived

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep getting enough sleep, going to bed at nanna o'clock lately, so getting about 8-9 hours, my nutrition has been a bit off, so reining that in and getting back into exercise. Feeling much better after my PT session today.

It is sweet that hubby cares, so that is good I suppose

I am the same Bongley - apologising when I am not biting his head off. We are both on cloud nine after our scan yesterday ... found out that I am now due on 21st November and not 1st December ... so further along than we thought. And the little tyke was moving around HEAPS and waving - so cute!!