+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hormones! Help!

Hi! I am new here. I am 13 weeks pregnanct and at a tug of war with my hormones! One minute I am nice and next I am the wife from hell!!!

I have become a real B*TCH the last few days/weeks. All I can put this down to is the fact I have gone from exercising daily to nothing (maybe a walk from time to time) and my diet being far more unhealthy than it used to be.

I am trying to change my diet and get back into exercise now the fatigue and nausea has gone, does anyone have any suggestions for tackling those crazy hormones?

Help!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i dont think theres much u can do hormones wise, but if u feel better within yourself, then u will be happier.

a fruit salad and a trip to the gym makes me feel really good/happy. (odd??)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally understand that a fruit salad and the gym help you feel better - does the same for me

Although hubby has been a bit funny about exercise. I told him I wanted to go for a jog the other day and he just said "if you want to risk it" ... like I was putting our baby's life at risk by exercising!! Grrrrr

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He is just being paranoid.have u got a heart ratw monitor by any chance? I got one from ebay and have been using it to make sure my heart rate doesnt exceed 150, and ive been doing zumba 2x a week and then the gym another two times, where i go on the cross trainer and treadmill etc. As long as ur not over heating and your heart rate isnt going mad, u can definitely exercise, its really beneficial. Im hoping i wont have any medical reason to stop, but so far so good.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep have a HRM and have been working out for almost 2 years on a daily basis, trying to reassure him I know what I am doing and am watching my HR and making sure it stays under 150 BPM and not overheating ... he is just worried with this being our first baby I suppose. But whenever I try to explain it to him we end up having a fight!
    Last edited by beksie; 24-05-2012 at 09:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My pump instructor still did pump, combat and attack classes until she was 36 weeks pregnant!

I'm only 5 weeks but I'm doing pump classes and jogging every day, just wearing my HRM and making sure it's about 150bpm.

I know what I'm like if I don't exercise, I get so grumpy and snappy, not worth it. Plus, I put on sooo much weight with my first so I'm scared it'll happen again if I don't work out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beksie View Post
    Although hubby has been a bit funny about exercise. I told him I wanted to go for a jog the other day and he just said "if you want to risk it" ... like I was putting our baby's life at risk by exercising!! Grrrrr
    My man is the same, i can go to the gym but im not aloud to walk anywhere else by myself in case i fall over, and if i do go for a walk i get a huge guilt trip on what ifs and if something does ever happen he will never forgive me grr.. men!

I hope you feel better, nothing can be done about hormones, but i love going to the gym just makes me feel so so much better

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband was a pt for a few years and did the pregnancy training course. It states that whatever you do training wise you should continue during pregnancy as long as you watch you heart rate. Because I never do anything apart from walking I shouldn't start now.
    So if you were doing alot of classes before I would definantly continue. Gone are the days when you fell pregnant and the dr says sit on the lounge and don't exercise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    My husband was a pt for a few years and did the pregnancy training course. It states that whatever you do training wise you should continue during pregnancy as long as you watch you heart rate. Because I never do anything apart from walking I shouldn't start now.
    So if you were doing alot of classes before I would definantly continue. Gone are the days when you fell pregnant and the dr says sit on the lounge and don't exercise.

So true Kate - people are still stuck in the old days

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely agree exercise makes me feel better and less grumpy ... and hubby keeps complaining I am very snappy etc ... just let me exercise LOL

I am going to my PT group tomorrow morning and looking forward to it