+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Poor thing (both of you!). Glad dd is feeling better. She's very lucky that you were right there with her.

I haven't run into too much opposition yet as we've been quite quiet about our AP style. I decided to stop going to my local mothers group (mostly scheduled feedings, 'controlled comforting', etc) and the last time I knew I was going to be there I spoke up about our bed sharing, intent to blw, etc. You should've seen the looks on faces when one mother asked how long I was preparing to let DD sleep in the bed with us and I told her 'Till she's ready for her own bed. I think it'll be around age 2 or 3.' The same mother then asked me if I 'believe in vaccinations'. Haha. It was really quite funny.

I did like the recent comment by actress and AP mummy, Mayim Bialik that basically people should get some perspective and reserve their judgement for those that abuse their children (and leave us loved-up AP'ers alone).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The poor little thing. I'm glad she's ok! So lucky you do co-sleep or it could have been a different situation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Windupbird View Post
    The same mother then asked me if I 'believe in vaccinations'. Haha. It was really quite funny.

).
    maybe you should of said 'no i dont believe in them or in santa, neither of them exist!'

*dont know if you vax or not but the way she said that was funny

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    maybe you should of said 'no i dont believe in them or in santa, neither of them exist!'

*dont know if you vax or not but the way she said that was funny
    - Ha - a Santa quip is exactly what I was thinking of! And, yes, she managed to phrase it in such a strange way that it was kind of offensive whether we vaxxed or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's weird I have never met a nurse with that attitude. When dd got sick a few times when she was tiny I just told them she sleeps in the bed with me and we co slept every night we were there. Although they did insist she wear the apnea monitor. Which I didn't mind since she was unwell. I can't understand how people would say co sleeping is dangerous to a SICK baby!! I always make sure I am closest to my kids when they are unwell. Sorry you had such a bad experience
    Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you visit where I live (country town) you would find a lot of people with her attitude.
    Her exact words when we were ready to go were "I'll allow you to go home but you need to buy that baby a cot".
    I've been walking down the main street with DD in a wrap and been told I must buy the baby a pram from random strangers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on the nurse themself we went into hospital overnight when DD2 was 7-8 months she started the night in the cot then ended up in the bed with me feeding the nurse came in and just smiled and said good job. But the peadiatricion wouldnt let us leave the hospital untill she took a bottle of formula that was the begining of the end

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AliG For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (23-05-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I just noticed this thread, Etienne. What a frightening experience, and how disappointing to hear that you were met with such and unhelpful attitude from the nurse. Who knows what could have happened if you did NOT co-sleep with your little girl! Take comfort in the fact that you know you are doing the right thing for your family; you are a great mum!

I am so glad to hear that DD is doing ok now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Major major cuddles for you, E and M, etienne :-(
    How scary

And wow to that nurse o.O it's scary what a difference there is between rural and metro opinions sometimes :-(

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How horrible of her, as if you weren't distressed enough. In this instance thank GOODNESS you were co-sleeping! Imagine what the outcome could have been if your baby was in a cot in her own room I shudder to think TBH.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (23-05-2012)