+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default It's OUR news!

Sorry this will be a vent!

Currently pregnant with our 3rd bub (8 wks) ... With the first two we pretty much told everyone as soon as we found out but this time we really aren't in a rush to let people know (partially because I have a close relo who lost a baby about the same time we conceived and I want to tell them myself when I am ready!) and also our sons bday was on the weekend and we wanted the party to be about him.
    We found out about baby and after a couple of weeks we told our parents and siblings ... Despite telling everyone that we had told that we weren't in a rush for people to find out etc. my sister kept walking around at ds party and talking About how we were having another one etc. pretty much everyone knows now and we didn't get to tell them so upset!
    I pulled my sis aside at the start of the party and tore strips off her - she said she didn't know it was a secret but she kept talking about it!!!

Does anyone else have a relo who is incapable of keeping their mouth shut??

Guest Guest
    My dh did that at ds' 1st birthday birthday and I was only 8 weeks along! I really didn't want everyone to know then but it was abit obvious because I was sick all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. My dad.

At my sister's wedding, I was 6 weeks and she was 12 weeks - my sister and her husband were planning on announcing their pregnancy during the speeches.

My dad told everyone I was pregnant and then in his father of the bride speech (so before my sister and her husbands speech) he announced their pregnancy!

I was sooooo p!ssed off at him. We had planned on giving this baby his name as a middle name (if it was a boy) but after the wedding i was so angry I decided against it. 30 weeks on and I am still not sure if I want to do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    omg sounds ALMOST like my story. same as us, it's our 3rd and a friend lost her baby the same time i concieved. I ONLY told mum and now everybody knows cos of her. i haven't had to tell a single soul because she went right ahead and did it for me. aargh. and i specifically told her NOT TO.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. When we conceived our third pregnancy we told my mum and MIL, and told them they were the only ones who knew and not to tell anyone.

So... MIL told her sister... who told her daughter (DH and SIL's cousin)... who told SIL... who told her grandmother... who told DH's father. So first of all we had this slightly awkward situation where DH didn't get the chance to tell his own close family. And then when we lost the baby we had the even more unpleasant situation where we had to call those people and tell them. (In the end we called DH's father and grandmother, but made MIL tell everyone else herself.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ouch, well she can hardly go & take it back, but yes I can imagine you'd be very angry about it, but far out you shouldn't have to put a disclaimer on your pregnancy when you tell people. & I don't think @ only 8 wks you should have to say to your sister, not to say anything, because everybody knows that its kept quiet early on. But really she should of asked you if you were telling anybody else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We didn't have an experience where our pregnancy was announced.

But Dh and I found out the sex of our baby and every one didn't want to know the sex until the birth, we decide we would like that too so we kept our mouth shut

We did so well and no one knew the sex, at 38 weeks pregnant my SIL seen my hospital bag open and seen pink! I was not upset I just wanted her to keep it a secret. She swore she wouldn't tell.

When I had reached 39weeks she put a post on FB saying she couldn't wait for her little niece to be here!
    When I seen it I was crying and I was so angry! Every one found out and being 39weeks pregnant I was on a warpath lol.
    Because no one else wanted to know they got quite angry at her too.

The next morning once I had settled down I called her and said I was sorry, yes she shouldn't have done it.. But she was just excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mother was the one who couldn't keep her mouth shut about the pregnancy, she was that excited. After I found out she had told about 8 people, I told her it was my news to share on my terms and since then she's been pretty good about it. Hasn't even told her sister or some of her friends. DP on the other hand is keeping his mouth firmly shut and hasn't even told his family at 19 weeks. :/