+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Kids party at a pub?

My DD turns 2 in a few weeks and originally we weren't going to have a party for her as DH has been made redundant and we were meant to be moving around her birthday. A few people have said some mean things about me being cruel for not having a party for her and that they will organize one for her. This has made me want to have 1 coz she is my little girl I don't want someone else doing it for her! For her first bday we hired a community hall and it was very cheap but once I added in decorations, food, lolly bags etc it was not that cheap at all. And it was so stressful! There is a pub near us that does family Sunday's with a petting zoo and jumping castle, I was thinking about trying to reserve a few tables there and inviting everyone for lunch but I'm unsure if it's weird to have a kids party at a pub and if it would be rude to not pay for people's lunch. I would supply nibbles and cake if the pub allows it. So what do you think? Or any other options? Our house is too small and I don't trust the weather enough to have it in a park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When u said at a pub I thought shock horror. However when I read ur post it makes perfect sense. It's obviously a very family orientated pub. I would have no issues with having it or being invited there. Also let everyone pay for themselves. You just supply a cake (should be fine with pub) and maybe a few balloons if allowed.

Seriously a brilliant idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it sounds like a great idea! Yes it may be at a pub but the jumping castle and petting zoo sounds perfect for kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance ladies Now for invites how would you word it? And still do proper invites even though it's such an informal party? Or just tell people we are going for lunch for her birthday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    sounds great

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't make it formal with invites etc. just send a text or call people etc. totally up to you. But I feel if you invite people through formal invitations they make expect more ie cost etc. if its more of a "were going to have lunch at the local family pub which has loads of fun things for the kids, would love you to come". The ur taking he stress off u. Iykwim?

I just had ds's birthday at a park. We had just moved 1400kms the week before and notice to organize things. So we just called people and asked if they were free to come join us and if it wasn't to much trouble to bring a plate of something. We do the huge party thing every year. This year we couldn't afford it or had the time. It was brilliant. Best party ever really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    I wouldn't make it formal with invites etc. just send a text or call people etc. totally up to you. But I feel if you invite people through formal invitations they make expect more ie cost etc. if its more of a "were going to have lunch at the local family pub which has loads of fun things for the kids, would love you to come". The ur taking he stress off u. Iykwim?

I just had ds's birthday at a park. We had just moved 1400kms the week before and notice to organize things. So we just called people and asked if they were free to come join us and if it wasn't to much trouble to bring a plate of something. We do the huge party thing every year. This year we couldn't afford it or had the time. It was brilliant. Best party ever really
    Yeah that's what I was thinking with the invites, might even just send a FB invite to most of the people lol. Very informal that way!
    And wow you are 1 organized woman to have a party after you have just moved that far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like heaps of fun! Many pubs have playgrounds, jumping castles and family type settings.

Guest Guest
    We're invited to a 3rd birthday on Saturday at a pub. It doesn't even have a playground (their relatives own it) I think it's fine and we're paying our own meals, I don't expect them to pay. It's not like a big fancy doo, it's a kids birthday party with friends getting together for a meal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had DS1 1st birthday at a pub (straight after his church baptism too).

It was a great set up, we had the kitchen cater & brought our own cake. Set up some balloons and decorations in a kind of function type room.

No one had any problems with it being at the pub. We did end up back at home though afterwards as the big boys wanted to carry on.