+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help? pram/stroller suggestions? and is the "Chicco Trevi Travel System" any good?

Hello

Iv just joined today and this is my first post, so please excuse if this is in the wrong section or if i do anything wrong

Im looking for a new pram/stroller for my little girl who is 6.5 months.

I have found a second hand "Chicco Trevi Travel System" in excellent condition.

Just wondering what people think of this pram if its any good? or if not what are some good prams/stroller (around the $300 mark)

Any opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Thankyou in advance x

p.s. I currently have the Steelcraft Acclaim pram - and I HATE it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know a lot about the chicco travel system pram but I wouldn't buy a travel system when your DD is 6.5mo.

TBH I would buy a maclaren stroller or a baby jogger city mini or similar. You can get capsule adaptors for both of these.

At 6.5 months you would be able to buy a MAclaren Quest. It does not lie completely flat and has smaller wheels but is still good and a bit cheaper. I have the MAc Vogue and it is great, has some extra features too. I also have the BJCM which is awesome too. Have a play in some baby stores. See what you like.

The bugaboo bee is another great one I have heard. But it is $$$. I have also heard good things about the silver cross range of strollers too. I have never tried one though.

It depends what sort of terrain you want it for - if you are happy with a 'stroller' or if you want the big wheels for uneven terrain and long walks. The BJCM would be fine for walks around the neighbourhood

Good luck

Edited because my grammar was really really bad
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 22-05-2012 at 13:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Luey

Thanks, ill take a look at baby stores and try out the baby jogger city mini and maclaren strollers

I have a valco 3 wheel pram (purchased it second hand) for my partner, and use that when we go for walks (its an awesome pram, but soo big and wide - not practical for zipping around the shops or flying with)

Also forgot to say, i wouldnt be using the travel system just the pram for DD. (thought it would be very handy for the next one tho)

Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not a problem perthmumm, I think I said that you can get capsule adaptors for both those prams - I think the adaptors fit on the mac quest. They are only for SNS unity capsule which only gets one star in the CREP tests. If you have a walking pram you may be happy with the mac quest. Small and lightweight but still has a pretty good recline.

Happy Shopping