+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had dd2 2nd birthday at 1. We choose it as it was the cheapest with the most inclusions if that makes sense. It ended up being cheaper then dd1 4th birthday which we had at home with the same amount of kids present!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had both DS's birthdays at a play center. I got a basic package for $95,- for 8 kids. Not much included for that price though. A few cheesels, fairy bread, cordial, a cheap icecream cake and entry to the playcenter ofcourse. No party bags, hats, poppers, etc

Also if you wanted to bring your own birthday cake, they would charge you an extra 10 bucks (for nothing) PLUS you wont get the icecream cake either. The icecream cake is valued at $10,- as well.
    So you basically pay $20,- extra to bring in your own birthday cake. (They are very "anal" about bringing food from outside into the play center).
    I have considered taking this to the department of fair trading. What child would have a birthday party without a proper birthday cake? Who would give a bunch of 1 and 2 year olds, ice cream cake in the winter???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I have had both DS's birthdays at a play center. I got a basic package for $95,- for 8 kids. Not much included for that price though. A few cheesels, fairy bread, cordial, a cheap icecream cake and entry to the playcenter ofcourse. No party bags, hats, poppers, etc

Also if you wanted to bring your own birthday cake, they would charge you an extra 10 bucks (for nothing) PLUS you wont get the icecream cake either. The icecream cake is valued at $10,- as well.
    So you basically pay $20,- extra to bring in your own birthday cake. (They are very "anal" about bringing food from outside into the play center).
    I have considered taking this to the department of fair trading. What child would have a birthday party without a proper birthday cake? Who would give a bunch of 1 and 2 year olds, ice cream cake in the winter???
    Yeah all the play cafes Ive looked at in their packages they have a choice of cake included in the price or $5 you bring in your own cake. But when you want to add any extra options to the cheapest package basic options like balloon or lolly bags they seem to all charge you alot.

Im half concidering going the slightly more expencive option so I have a bit more included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I haven't done one yet, but I am thinking about it for my son's 3rd birthday in July. The one I am thinking of you can book the place on weekends and get the place to yourself for 2 hours. It is worth it, some can be a bit pricey so good to look around. A lot of them recquire a minimum of 10 kids too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had both kids' party at an indoor play centre. They never charged extra for the cake you brought, you could have had the cake from there but that would have cost. Packages range form $19.95 to $24. 95
    It might have changed now, as the last party we had there was 3 years a go

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had DD1's 4th party at a playcentre. We decided after going to a couple and decided on the one that was bigger and looked more fun for the kids. The package included a party room for the kids, a host for the party room, the host played party games and provided all the plates etc and bought out the cake, I made the cake so didn't have to pay for it, a table for the adults in the main play centre to sit down and have a chat and keep an eye on the kids, food and drink included, also a lolly bag for each child including a free visit. Worth every penny and the kids had so much fun. DD1's best friend wanted and had her 4th party there that year too after coming to ours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.wackywarehouse.com.au/party.html#

That is the place I am keen to have her bday party. After looking around it seems to be the best priced as far as the packages go. I'm thinking the VIP that way they can do all the party bags etc and I really dont have to lift a finger lol. Each child gets a balloon I like that lol. It seems to have the most for the best package for less compared to other places I have looked at.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a Marvel themed one for Dd on her 4th. She absolutely LOVED it. She wore her Flash costume and went nuts running everywhere after all the other superhero kids.

I baked the cake for the party {in the shape of a captain america shield}, but they provided the nibblies.
    It was mini hot dogs, sausage rolls, party pies and a healthy platter with quiches, cheese cubes, carrot sticks and ....dammit can't think of the name...the little rolls. Asian roll things. Those.

The parents also got a platter of mixed sandwhiches and mixed baked slices {caramel slice, cherry slice, etc}

Cost a bit but omg so worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've been to a fair few and they are usually pretty good. I would definitely go and look at one and check it out first because we've been to a few centres that have been tiny, dirty and ill-equipped to handle the sheer volume of children at the centre.

I'm thinking of doing one this year for DD1 sixth birthday as last year it cost me a fortune to have a party with all the food for kids and parents, decorations, etc. Not to mention all the pre & post party cleaning! at least there's no mess to clean up afterwards at a play centre