+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    Hugs! My DP is FIFO so I understand wanting to get baby out in a particular time frame! Sadly though, unless your hospital will medically induce you, nothing you do will make labour start unless your baby and body are ready to go! As people have said, a S&S won't do much unless your already on your way towards labour. It doesn't sound Like your bub is done baking yet, though birthing without our SO isn't really a comforting thought, I would much rather my baby came when she was good and ready to enter the world.
    I have to agree OP, honestly all they are doing with the S&S is fobbing you off and increasing your and your babies risk of infection

Can your hubby not take this swing off? Maybe swap shifts or something? Chances are you won't birth without him there anyway if he is due back not long after your EDD sort of like how your body can hold onto a poop while your out until you get home I'm really worried that you are going to work yourself up over this (you already sound a bit distressed) I would hate for you to go down that path as I know what it feels like to think that your body just won't work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I have to agree OP, honestly all they are doing with the S&S is fobbing you off and increasing your and your babies risk of infection

Can your hubby not take this swing off? Maybe swap shifts or something? Chances are you won't birth without him there anyway if he is due back not long after your EDD sort of like how your body can hold onto a poop while your out until you get home I'm really worried that you are going to work yourself up over this (you already sound a bit distressed) I would hate for you to go down that path as I know what it feels like to think that your body just won't work
    Love the poop analogy! More poop analogies should be used in conversation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundleoflove View Post
    I know heaps of people that went early with their first, I'm also one of them. I put mine down to a few brisk walks I'd done the few days before my waters broke 4.5 weeks early. Not 100% sure it was the walk, but felt very heavy and a bit sore low in my pelvis after the walks.
    Eep! Im right on 35 weeks with third bubba and get this sensation whenever i walk anywhere! And heaps of BH! Hoping baby stays put for another 2 weeks. Did your LO have any issues being 4.5wks early?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    Love the poop analogy! More poop analogies should be used in conversation.
    Also, if you try to force a poop when it isnt ready, drink coffee, take laxatives etc... It is never as pretty as waiting for one to come naturally

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (22-05-2012),headoverfeet  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 40 weeks another at 41 weeks still nothing induced at 42 bub born via emergency c section 42.1 days. So they never worked for me at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Eep! Im right on 35 weeks with third bubba and get this sensation whenever i walk anywhere! And heaps of BH! Hoping baby stays put for another 2 weeks. Did your LO have any issues being 4.5wks early?

He had low blood glucose levels so went to special care for that originally but then had sucking issues so stayed there and was tube fed. He was still 6p3o in size so they werent worried about that. He was nasal tube, bottle and breast fed while in SC but took a while to get the BF down pat. He was in SC for 2.5 weeks until the tube could come out but it wasn't a major thing overall.

The only thing with the rushed early birth was I wasn't ready and felt a little overwhelmed with all the unknown. Bubs HB kept dropping through my contractions and also when hooked up to oxitocin, so enducing ended up out of the question.
    So if it weren't for wanting to try to get things to move along quicker cos its while your husband is home I would say let it be, it will happen when it happens. Sometimes rushing things is not the best thing for you or bubs!
    But I hope things work out ok for you and everyone ends up healthy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your story bundleoflove... Just wanting to be mentally prepared if bubs does come early. Also, im not the OP and def not trying to encourage this bub to come yet, i just saw your reply and was curious what happened so.im aware of potential issues if i go early