+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't even know I had one until someone explained to me later but I was 40+2 and had bub at 41+2 so I didn't really think it worked, was just painful and made me bleed heaps

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With bubba number 6 now 11mnths, i had a s&s at 38 weeks and lost my plug that night, but unfortunatly i didnt go into labour till 40+6 weeks..

With bubba number 4 soon to be 7, i had one at 40 weeks and my waters broke a few days later gave birth 40+5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one at 38+3 (2nd bub) as I had been having prelabour for 2 weeks. I was already 50% effaced and 2cm. It just made my prekabour contractions more painful but nothing else. I had another S&s a week later at 39+3 still only 50% & 2cm and went into labour that night with bub born the next morning. My.OB said its only a 25% chance of working and that's in favourable circumstances (cervix already effacing/dilating). He was pretty sure my first one would work but as I said, it didn't.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really dissapointed this morning, because i was having contractions last night from about 6pm til 11pm at 10 mins apart... I thought this is it... they weren't just BH because they were a little painfull and heaps stronger which none of my BH have been in the past and they were also regular!! Then I woke up about 2am and nothing...... :-(

I need this baby to come out!!!!!! :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 40+1 at 2pm on the Monday, basically started contracting when I got to the car. Arrived home and started to lose my plug.
    Continued to have contractions allllllll Tuesday. Did about 6 laps of the neighbourhood :/ and basically just kept on my feet. (tried to tempt fare and even went shopping at the baby shop hahaha)
    Tuesday night at 830 went for shower and started having PROPER contractions. Went to hospy, had to labour in the dads room till 430am, was 4cm when checked.

An epi and a few dramas later, DD was born via ventouse at 658pm on Wednesday.

I'd suggest keep walking (trust me I know it's the last thing you want to do :/) and just keep active.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I'm really dissapointed this morning, because i was having contractions last night from about 6pm til 11pm at 10 mins apart... I thought this is it... they weren't just BH because they were a little painfull and heaps stronger which none of my BH have been in the past and they were also regular!! Then I woke up about 2am and nothing...... :-(

I need this baby to come out!!!!!! :-(
    Do you have a doula or someone you can talk too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    unfortunately most first time Mummas don't give birth until after 40 weeks, is there someone else who could support you?
    I know heaps of people that went early with their first, I'm also one of them. I put mine down to a few brisk walks I'd done the few days before my waters broke 4.5 weeks early. Not 100% sure it was the walk, but felt very heavy and a bit sore low in my pelvis after the walks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Do you have a doula or someone you can talk too?
    just the hospital or my gp... the hospital won't induce me due to protacol and that's why they offered the s&s... they said i could ask my gp tomorrow at my next appointment if she'd do the s& s again, so i'll ask her... I was so excited last night thinking "this is it"... but then i woke up and everything had stopped... i'm trying to keep active this morning doing housework and bouncing on the gym ball etc... it's just frustrating!! I know to some people it may sound dumb cause i'm only 38 weeks tomorrow, but to me it's a big deal!

Guest Guest
    I know it's not what you want to hear, but a s&s will only give a small kick, but it takes more than that to start full on labour, your body and baby need to be ready. One of the problems with forcing labour is ending up in an emergency c/s.
    The s&s probably started some pre-labour which is why it stopped but this could go on for a while. Best thing you can do is relax! Get some reflexology done (this really helped me the weeks leading up to labour) Drink tea, walk, have warm baths and showers, go on the spinning babies website and do some positions to help the baby engage or get in the right position to help apply the pressure you need to get labour going. Oh and sex!
    All these things will help you focus and importantly relax because there is no way of knowing when it'll happen. Being only 38 weeks it could be tomorrow, it could be in 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs! My DP is FIFO so I understand wanting to get baby out in a particular time frame! Sadly though, unless your hospital will medically induce you, nothing you do will make labour start unless your baby and body are ready to go! As people have said, a S&S won't do much unless your already on your way towards labour. It doesn't sound Like your bub is done baking yet, though birthing without our SO isn't really a comforting thought, I would much rather my baby came when she was good and ready to enter the world.