+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First pregnancy 38 weeks, second pregnancy 37 weeks... didnt work both times as it was a last ditch effort before syntocinon induction I do believe however it primed my cervix for induction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    My hubby works away and he's home for the next week and has to leave again... i really don't want to risk him being away and going into labour :-( as i'm 38 weeks on wednesday, they gave me the s&s option because they won't induce... it's a bit stressfull because i need him home, but he'll only be home for the week. so that's why i'm wondering how many people it worked for... i was 2cm dialated.
    Aw, thats sad! I hope it works for you!! Pregnancy is much more complex than I ever imagined!!

Guest Guest
    I had one with my 1st at 38 weeks, however I was already in pre-labour. It worked straight away and I was in established labour within a couple of hours.
    With my 2nd I had one at 39+4 I was in pre labour for 2 weeks and was miserable. I went into labour that night.

I think it works best when your already in some kind of pre labour and your cervix has already thinned out on its own. But if your not dialated, thick cervix etc. I don't think it works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 40+2 and lost mucus plug at 40+5 and was induced at 40+6. Didn't seem to have much of an effect really.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one at 40+4 weeks with my second pregnancy and it worked within 6 hours
    I was already 2cm, plus we went for a walk afterwards and DTD. Good luck, I hope your hubby is able to be there with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one at 40 weeks for my 3rd and had him 12 hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one with dd 1 on a thurs and was 4 cms dilated, nothing happened and I was induced the following Monday. I had one at 11am with ds, and was 4cms dilated again. Waters broke 7.45pm and ds born 9.36pm the same day! So who nows what will happen. Good luck, I hope things work out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 36 weeks (unknowingly to me) at about 1.30pm as they were going to induce me at 6pm that night anyway.

It must have definitely released some hormones because my HELLP syndrome went into overdrive at 3pm, ended up going for c-sect because I wasnt labouring, just in pain from my kidneys and had him at 5.45pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 39+4 and DD was born about 26 hours later. Was already 2cm when I had it done though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 1 at 40w, 2cm dilated and another one at 41w, 3cm dilated. It didn't help me to dilate more, just made me bleed. the second one was done by an inexperienced midwife and it was so painful.

Good luck with your delivey!

Sent from my U20i using BubHub