+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ange - yes she's very excited but I think it will be a massive shock for her too, something I need to make sure I'm prepared for. I'll be having her at gold coast, how about you? I had my last one there and have to say my midwife was absolutely amazing.

We paid for all our scans, such a rip!! After the first one I asked the doc to refer me to a place that bulk billed and it was for the place at helensvale (I can't remember their name) well we booked our morph scan (so excited to find out the sex) got to our app both me and my parter left work early to be able to go and was at reception and the girl goes o u don't have an app today, the chick who does the scans quit 2 weeks ago, we've tried calling you. And was she rude, I was devastated. Normally these days they confirm phone numbers when u make an app so they had a number from 6 yrs ago that was disconnected. We luckily got in somewhere else the next day but had to pay. But we were both so excited we didn't care.

I think if I went to the expo I would end up buying things I really didn't need, I'm all ready to go now and stopped myself purchasing anymore as I really don't need it. 3 weeks to go now and gee I hope it comes quick.

How active has everyone been with their pregnancy? Hehe if at all? If have to admit I've been shocking!! Looking forward to baby coming out and joining a gym!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've gone to gold coast radiology in hope island for all my scans and they were fantastic and bulk billed everything! I'm going GP shared cared which is great, I haven't had to go to GC hosp at all so far! My booking apt was with a midwife at a comm clinic in Labrador. My antenatal classes start next month at the hosp.

I haven't been very active at all... Hubs and i used to get to the gym at least 4 days a week. My membership ran out while i was in 1st trimester and I felt like i was dying. I try to take walks now and do a little bit of yoga. I wish it was warmer and I could use my pool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the antenatal classes really informative/a little scary when they show u the videos of if 'all' happening. I didn't do it first time around but you do learn a lot from them. are you going to gc? And the midwife that took them was lovely and very helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou89 View Post
    I found the antenatal classes really informative/a little scary when they show u the videos of if 'all' happening. I didn't do it first time around but you do learn a lot from them. are you going to gc? And the midwife that took them was lovely and very helpful.
    Yup going to GC hosp, due 14th sept We were about to get private hosp cover when we started trying, but things happened much faster than expected!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lou,
    I'm having bub at Pindarra Hospital, they seem to be really good and I haven't heard anything bad about them.
    I didn't even know that you could get your doctor to refer you to a place that bulk billed, I guess as we have a private OBYGN we just have to suck it up. I can't believe that they didn't have your appointment booked in! I don't understand why a lot of the doctor surgeries have rude staff, going to the doctor is an ordeal in itself we don't need to deal with rude receptionists/admin as well.
    We have had a really great run with our pregnancy, I haven't had one rude or unhelpful person, fingers crossed it continues.

We are heading to the expo on the weekend, we really haven't got that much for bub as yet. Just some stuff for her room, no clothes yet (if you can believe that)!

I have started doing pre natal yoga and just started doing pilates, I'm hoping that it will help with the labour and hopefully make it easier for me to get back to my pre-baby weight. I am only 20 weeks so hopefully I will be able to keep it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ange, I haven't heard one thing bad about pindarra either (very good sign). Hehe by 20 weeks I think We went nuts with clothes, target had a no deposit baby clothes layby so I went a little crazy. They just have the cutest outfits for little girls! From there everytime I went to the shop I had to see what else they had lol. I love little dressed and tights or little jackets. Cute cute cute!!! The best option is when target have deal of the day 40% off baby clothes - best deal going!!

Def try and keep up the excercise, I've done absolutely nothing for a while now. Just so tired, now I'm finished work also I have no motivation to do anything. Today's plan is to clean the house, car and go for a big walk.... Hmmm lets hope I do at least one of those, all would be bloody fantastic!!! I would like to bring on my labour. A little over it now!

Hope everyones feeling good today

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone feeling??

Bub is due in just over 7 weeks and we're starting to get excited and impatient.
    Last edited by 2012; 26-07-2012 at 09:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    I only just found out yesterday I'm first time preggies. I'm from Oxenford. Recently just moved up from Melbourne so don't know many people at all. I'm currently 5 weeks tomorrow...Eeep nervous and excited

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking other 1st time pregnant gold coast ladies

Hi ladies

I'm a 1st time mum. Currently 30 weeks & due 14th Nov. I'm 28yr.

Looking for a meet up group in the coming months once bub has arrived. We are having a boy & going to Pindara Private.

I live at Coomera Waters. Also another commuter to Brisbane. Looking forward to finishing up work in 6 weeks. Not that I'm counting!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking other 1st time pregnant gold coast ladies

Hi Qld greens. Congrats on the pregnancy. I'm due in a few weeks and start my mat leave Friday, can't wait!

I'm 29 and hubs and I live in Helensvale.