+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 or 2 embryos

my DH and I are doing out 2nd stim cycle in june and were thinking of transfering 2 embryos. But when i told the nurse the look and tone she gave me made me wonder if we were doing the right thing. our first stim cycle ended in a missed miscarriage, we then did a natural FET with negative results. please what are your thoughts. not after nasty comments, just advice. thankyou in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do you think you will be able to cope with twins? Or triplets or 4 babies *if* both eggs split?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i could deffinantly deal with twins, and financially we'd be fine. its only the triplet and quad possabilities that scare me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KyzaV View Post
    i could deffinantly deal with twins, and financially we'd be fine. its only the triplet and quad possabilities that scare me.
    The chances don't increase that much when having multiple embryos transferred. Sensible clinics won't transfer more than one unless you have had 3 unsuccessful transfers already or depending on your issues and age which is the way it should be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's a tough decision we made on this recent failed round. We've had 4 attempts at IVF so on our 4th we decided to transfer 2. We agreed that if we had more than 2 we would transfer the best and worst emb, not 2 best. Unfortunately this round we had a morala and 3 bad embs so the fear of twins wasn't that high, unfortunately still resulted in a BFN. If you read all the o'seas sites they are transferring 4-6 now that's intense.

For us the pain of another failure far exceeded the fear of twins and finically we are fine. Although the same result happens if you put in one at a time or two for us the time of waiting b/w cycles is too painful. Will probably go for 2 again but the best time to make this decision is on the day of the transfer when you find out the final quantity and quality of the embryo's. Hope this helps, good luck
    Last edited by Rachael3; 21-05-2012 at 06:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hard decision to make. Our first FET we transferred 2 & this resulted in my beautiful baby boy I have sleeping on me right now!

Like others have said, transferring 2 doesn't increase the chances of multiples hugely.

I hope you can reach a decision that both you and your partner are comfortable with xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Hard decision to make. Our first FET we transferred 2 & this resulted in my beautiful baby boy I have sleeping on me right now! xx
    Just curious did you use ICSI to achieve your beautiful DS? We are planning to try ICSI next round for the first time and still transfer 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our FS suggested we have 2 transferred, and he's very well regarded in the community (warren de ambrosis). He based his opinion on the various factors surrounding my infertility. It goes to show that each FS is different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Our FS suggested we have 2 transferred, and he's very well regarded in the community (warren de ambrosis). He based his opinion on the various factors surrounding my infertility. It goes to show that each FS is different
    We used Wazza too

11. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

KandP  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your opinions. I think all DH and I can do now is wait and see how we go, we can always change our mind right up until transfer so when the decision HAS to be made well make the right one. At the moment I think we're putting too much thought into it and the stress of making the right decision won't be helping