+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A combi! They are fantastic so light and compact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls!!

The baby jogger one looks good but I am afraid I'm really a 4-wheeler type person.

Oh dear I think I'm falling in love with the Bee. It's so expensive how will I ever convince hubby!!

Does anyone have the toddler board - I've heard it's quite awkward pushing with the toddler board attached - is that true?

And has anyone ordered it for cheaper from overseas?? I have heard that can be done but I'm having real trouble finding sites for it.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm waiting for the bj city versa, love child between the city select and city mini, big basket, reversible seat and folds as compact as the city mini with the seat facing either way (unlike the bee, which also as a tiny weight limit of 17kg!!! Ridiculous for the price IMO).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm thanks....I can't find much info on the versa. Is it suitable for newborns?

The weight limit and size doesn't bother me, in fact I find smaller seats more appealing. My son is 2.5 and he only weighs 12 kilos and he already is too old for a pram really, he prefers to walk.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Hmm thanks....I can't find much info on the versa. Is it suitable for newborns?

The weight limit and size doesn't bother me, in fact I find smaller seats more appealing. My son is 2.5 and he only weighs 12 kilos and he already is too old for a pram really, he prefers to walk.
    Im not sure honestly I've never heard a bassinet mentioned so I would assume so, you could ask on the baby jogged Facebook page though. Ah ok, my boys were over 17kg before they were ready to walk, from memory they hit 17kg before their 2nd birthdays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    Thanks girls!!

The baby jogger one looks good but I am afraid I'm really a 4-wheeler type person.

Oh dear I think I'm falling in love with the Bee. It's so expensive how will I ever convince hubby!!

Does anyone have the toddler board - I've heard it's quite awkward pushing with the toddler board attached - is that true?

And has anyone ordered it for cheaper from overseas?? I have heard that can be done but I'm having real trouble finding sites for it.
    I bought mine (in person) at a department store in the States but they also ship the Bee to Australia for $130 US.
    www.neimanmarcus.com
    You have to make the order over the phone - the direct line for international orders is on the home screen.

Bugaboo lowered their Australian prices about a year ago, so the savings isn't as much anymore (not to mention the exchange rate isn't quite as good right now as it has been the past year).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Silver Cross Dazzle...newborn to 25kg!!!! light easy..pretty..small..but strong!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Valco are bringing out a new stroller, the snap, which is compact, lightweight, suitable from birth, etc.
    Check out their website for all the details.
    I'm waiting to hear back from them about when and where I can buy one.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Maclaren techno xt which is an umbrella stroller suitable from birth. It comes with a newborn head support and foot muff. I haven't used it for a newborn yet as I also have a 3 wheeler and didn't get this one until DS was 12 months. It's great for shopping, traveling and path walking but I wouldn't be doing any off road. They are not cheap for an umbrella stroller though at $400-500 but awesome quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just updating that I've convinced hubby to agree to a Bugaboo Bee! Yay!

It's really the only one available (except for perhaps the Urbo which is less tested) that has all the things I really want: four wheels, reversible seat, one piece fold, one piece handlebar, lightweight, very compact and manoeuvrable, comfy for bub, suitable for newborn. I tried it in-store and really love it.

Thanks for all the advice and help!