+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I'm so glad you people are welcoming enough to make your guests who may have phobias sit outside. Charming.
    It's totally different if someone has a phobia! I promise I'm not that mean!
    Last edited by MagicMud; 21-05-2012 at 10:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Smoker's houses where they smoke indoors. You can tell... and you can barely breathe.

I'd also say houses where animals live inside but the house isn't regularly cleaned and nor are the animals. I'm not an allergy-sufferer but staying at my ex-MILs a while back was hard. She didn't seem to dust her home and the addition of an indoor dog just clogged up my airways. Once I left, I was fine again.

I generally love pets though, and feel sad when people kick their pets out when I come over. Honestly - I probably enjoy the animal company more than I enjoy the human...

I hate it when people give me something to drink... in a dirty cup. It's in the cupboard, as if it's been washed... but it seriously isn't clean. Ew.

People who allow their cats to jump on the table/bench... esp when they're allowed to eat off dirty plates. It's just revolting. I know cats try this on, but that's when you shoo them off and tell them off... not just watch like it's the most normal thing in the world. I won't eat at your house if this is what happens.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMud View Post
    It's totally different if someone has a phobia! I promise I'm not that mean!
    I don't have a phobia as such, I'm just highly uncomfortable around unfamiliar dogs, I get really anxious and can't relax. I've had a dog in the past and would consider it again. Would you still sit me outside?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    When they take me through their house and tell me how much EVERYTHING costs.

I'm just visiting because my DH insisted. I'm not here to appraise your belongings.
    Yes this makes me vomit. Other than that I'm pretty easy going. I hate when peoples houses are just completely filfthy.. that's a given though.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, and this is one that's going to get me into strife with some I'm sure... but I hate children that touch everything and make a massive mess in a matter of seconds. Some kids go into DD's room, throw everything they possibly can on the floor, then start going through the fridge, my bedroom, etc.

I wait for their parents to tell them off, but it never comes, so I feel like a b*tch saying, "No, this room is for adults," or "Please, if you want something just ask... no need to go in the fridge," or "If you've finished playing with something, pack it up before moving on to the next thing."

I guess I've taught DD all these rules... and expect that other parents have similar levels of etiquette but I've always been proven wrong.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (21-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (12-07-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Oh dear. I hate to think how many people I have offended by not letting them do anything to help clean etc when they come for dinner.

I like to wait on my guests and (hopefully) make them feel special.
    I'm sure lots of people do feel special when they visit you. Its more my nan I don't like it. But as I said, from a child this is what I was told to do. Our family is very much a pitch in and do it type family. We all do it.

I do really appreciate people who wish to make my evening/lunch time special however at the same time, I almost feel guilty and lazy for not helping. So I help.

I don't think I made any sense

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

LoveyDovey  (21-05-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Yes this makes me vomit. Other than that I'm pretty easy going. I hate when peoples houses are just completely filfthy.. that's a given though.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    I agree with both of you on this. I hate it. I have some well off family members and each one of them like to tell me how much everything is. We don't have a fancy tv just a big old box one, we have a second hand fridge and washing machine, second hand lounges etc. But our stuff is very nice, just didn't cost us a fortune. It gets me down sometimes when I get told of someones $6000 fridge when I paid $100 for mine (it is an amazing fridge mind you, although its 22yrs old, I bought it from its original owner who gave me all the books and original receipts etc. Was very interesting ) ).

For example, we went to visit my aunty the other week and she pointed to her chandeleir (spelling?!) and said 'Oh I want one of these for mothers day, so I think I am getting one he he' followed by 'Oh yes I wanted a new thick rug for this room, I think I am getting this for mothers day too' and then straight after saying 'Oh yes I wanted this (something very expensive I don't remember) so I know I am getting that for mothers day also'.

I sort of upset me as (although I hid it) as we can't afford luxuries so I knew my mothers day would be cuddles and breakfast and thats all. Which I was fine with but I just felt down about hearing of all the expensive presents she was getting for mothers day and how much her new bathroom cost etc.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 21-05-2012 at 10:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    People who make me feel like I should go home.

I love visiting and really do not care about the state of the house, I just love the company.
    I am in and out of my friends houses and spend hours with them, I love them.
    I dont care about the house, just the person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.. I'm pretty shocked by this thread.

If I visit someones house, I simply respect that the way they live is the way they live. Nothing really bothers me at all. If someones house is extremely clean display home style, it will generally make me feel really guilty about the state of my own home. If their house is a bit cluttered and imperfect, I'll feel very comfortable there. If their house is filthy and very cluttered, I might feel a bit smug that I'm doing a better job keeping my house clean than they are! But nothing really grosses me out or annoys me.

As for animals in the house, I have 2 large dogs and 2 cats, and prior to having kids they were all inside animals. Since having my kids they now live outside and only come inside on occassion (cats always have access to inside). I just found that a cleaner way for us to live now that I have kids, but I certainly respect other peoples rights to have their animals indoors. They are a part of the family and it is THEIR home.

After reading this thread I now know why I never invite people to my house. I always thought I was being over the top thinking people would judge me on every little thing, but seems it's true!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (21-05-2012),patsmum  (12-07-2012),shelle65  (21-05-2012),Travdan  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate when you bring a gift to a home for whatever occasion, and they don't open them and say thank you, and then you never hear if they liked it or not! Peeves me off so bad!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaxo For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (21-05-2012)