+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pubes, skid marks and pee stains on the toilet.... places where you have to take your shoes off, but then your feet are blacker than black because the floors are so dirty. lol. when someone doesn't use toilet spray after they do a poo in the bathroom. a billion toys lying about so you have to step over things constantly, (i know kids have to play, but a couple of friends of mine has so MANY toys it boggles the mind. and most of it is leggo... so if you step on it it hurts.) dry snotty noses on kids. (how hard is a tissue sometimes!!) snot marks on couches. yuckkkk.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (21-05-2012),SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    When people smoke inside, or the house smells like smoke.
    When there's no towel to dry your hands on in the bathroo
    m - except for ones people obviously use for showers.
    That's all I can think of.

As for all the dog-related co
    mments, our dog is a part of the family. I always keep the dog outside if I know a visitor doesn't like dogs, if I don't know them well, or if they're wearing something (eg. good work clothes) that they obviously wouldn't want dog hair on...but otherwise I think it's a lot like having kids around. Some people may not like it - that's fine - but I'm not going to shut away the dog/kids in my own home. If people don't like it, then they don't have to visit.
    I agree. I was feeling quite depressed by all the anti animal comments. Our little jack Russell is a much loved family member who sleeps in our or the girls' beds or on the couch. Our house is open, airy and light and to shut her out means we're all stuck indoors. If we know you hate dogs or are scared of them we'll put her outside, but tbh I think kids these days are not exposed enough to pets. Our kids are rarely sick and sometimes I wonder if it's because we're always exercising our dog outdoors with the kids and letting her live as part of our family.

I can't really think of anything at anyone's house that has bothered me. Maybe the smell of fruit rotting in the fruit bowl, or half eaten food lying under the table. That makes me dry retch.
    Last edited by Sonja; 20-05-2012 at 22:42.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (21-05-2012),Gracie's Mum  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post

As for all the dog-related co
    mments, our dog is a part of the family. I always keep the dog outside if I know a visitor doesn't like dogs, if I don't know them well, or if they're wearing something (eg. good work clothes) that they obviously wouldn't want dog hair on...but otherwise I think it's a lot like having kids around. Some people may not like it - that's fine - but I'm not going to shut away the dog/kids in my own home. If people don't like it, then they don't have to visit.
    Exactly, we do the same with our dogs, if we know someone is coming over who doesn't like dogs we will put th away, but otherwise they are part of the family and it's there home too.

I hate it when I go to people house and their kids are putting there hands through all the food and tasting food and putting it back in the bowl if they don't like it.
    Oh and dirty bathrooms.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RebeccaR For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh dear, my dog is an inside dog when we are home (although he is always outside when we have guests!) I really didn't realise so many people had issues with it - I hope my house doesn't smell!!!

Here's the offender
    Attached Images

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

austmum  (20-05-2012),CazHazKidz  (21-05-2012),MissMuppet  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hate those plug in air fresheners too....makes me feel like vomiting!
    also with you on the crap coffee - i refuse to drink instant (coffee snob i know, so i take my red bull or have a glass of juice instead)

my pet peeve is more when i am staying somewhere and you open the microwave and it is DISGUSTING...ewwww
    also if they have the air con freezing or the heater blaring away in winter and it's so uncomfortable.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (21-05-2012),SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bad wine. Devastating...

But I'm OK with indoor pets - just not jumpy licky dogs. Quiet cute dogs are fine though :-)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (21-05-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Furniture that sticks to you.

No hand soap in the bathroom, and a dirty great pube on the bar of soap in the shower bath. I HAVE to wash my hands after using the toilet, so it always surprises me when there's no soap. And what's the etiquette, do I use my little bottle of hand sanitizer in front of the hosts, or sneak off and pull it out of my handbag in private?

Just about everything else is fine with me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katherinelouise View Post
    Furniture that sticks to you.

No hand soap in the bathroom, and a dirty great pube on the bar of soap in the shower bath. I HAVE to wash my hands after using the toilet, so it always surprises me when there's no soap. And what's the etiquette, do I use my little bottle of hand sanitizer in front of the hosts, or sneak off and pull it out of my handbag in private?

Just about everything else is fine with me.
    maybe use some of the shower gel that is in the persons shower? lol... better than nothing i guess.... but yes, i keep hand sanitiser in my bag too... and it smells nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they have towels in the bath room but they are wet.
    Dirty couches that you have to sit on, not just animal hair but brown body sweat hand marks, yuk!
    A sticky high chair
    food served too me on a paper plate, like just everyday, not at a bbq or party or anything.
    Making the kids kiss if they are sick!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

17. The Following User Says Thank You to chookylaa For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never knew so many people hated house pets!

I can understand disliking really filthy, badly behaved scary pets. But otherwise, I don't get it.

My dog is my pride and joy. She's clean, friendly and well behaved. If my visitors don't like dogs, I make them sit outside!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicMud For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (21-05-2012),JNC_B2012  (21-05-2012)