+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *Note to self - Start keeping Arthur outside every time I have visitors. He will whine and bark at the door the entire time, but I admit that he stinks, so it is probably for the best!*
    253_48557635219_711925219_3121365_5524_n.jpg

6819_272958415219_711925219_9010050_7182005_a.jpg
    Here Arthur is rolling around in sh!t!

On another note; I'm quite private about my home so I don't really like visitors - period. Funnily enough, when they do appear I quite enjoy their company. (Unless it is MIL)
    Last edited by MuminMind; 20-05-2012 at 21:17.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

austmum  (20-05-2012),bezzy  (21-05-2012),Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),CharlieBug  (20-05-2012),Cue  (21-05-2012),Gracie's Mum  (12-07-2012),nelle7250  (21-05-2012),SugarSkull  (20-05-2012),twotrunks  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That it looks like they have been up all night and morning sprousing up the house, Polishing the floor boards, dusting the lamp shades - it looks that rediculously clean. Fresh flowers and clean dry dishes neatly piled up on the dish rack for the "not too perfect" look about the place, so it's not too obvious they are ocd about cleaning for visitors, or in my case a play date. ffs.

I hate overly clean homes that dont look lived in. Every toy has a spot and the baby just sits there like an ornament.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunkamunka For This Useful Post:

patsmum  (12-07-2012),twotrunks  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    When they prepare you food or a beverage and serve it to you in a dirty cup or plate. Then there's that big awkward moment where you know you have to consume it to be polite, but your brain is busy visualising the many germs and ultimate infections you will surely suffer if you do so.

Hands up who's a germaphobe!
    Quietly raises her hand...
    The things I hate are dirty towels in the bathroom so I don't know what to dry my hands on, dirty cups or plates, not being offered a drink (I find this happens quite regularly), hair on the bathroom sink and dog hairs on the couch (don't mind dogs around as long as they are clean).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    That it looks like they have been up all night and morning sprousing up the house, Polishing the floor boards, dusting the lamp shades - it looks that rediculously clean. Fresh flowers and clean dry dishes neatly piled up on the dish rack for the "not too perfect" look about the place, so it's not too obvious they are ocd about cleaning for visitors, or in my case a play date. ffs.

I hate overly clean homes that dont look lived in. Every toy has a spot and the baby just sits there like an ornament.
    Ummmm... That's my home lol Except I do have toys all over the floor. But I love a clean home. Mess and clutter makes me uncomfortable and nervous.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (12-07-2012),Guest1234  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    *Note to self - Start keeping Arthur outside every time I have visitors. He will whine and bark at the door the entire time, but I admit that he stinks, so it is probably for the best!*
    Attachment 22329

Attachment 22330

On another note; I'm quite private about my home so I don't really like visitors - period. Funnily enough, when they do appear I quite enjoy their company. (Unless it is MIL)
    He is soooo cute! Maybe I would make an exception for him 

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (13-07-2012),MuminMind  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    D
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    Attachment 22329

Attachment 22330

See, I'd love to visit - I'd feel welcome by ALL of the family, including one of the most important ones - the furred family.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (12-07-2012),MuminMind  (20-05-2012)

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    I also hate when there's no hand soap or hand towel in their bathroom.
    Or they don't have tea towels in there kitchen when you need one grr

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Becks23 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post

Maybe they haven't been up all night?? Maybe they just like to keep their place clean and organised?? I'm sure the dishes aren't an intentional strategy to make the place look not perfect.

A clean house can absolutely be lived in. Sounds to me like they are just on the ball with keeping on top of things.

It's a shame the baby doesn't play with any toys though. I'm all for toys having a place (in my case shoved in no order into a toy box that looks clean and tidy from the outside). But when we are playing or cooking or doing arts and crafts there's guaranteed to be chaos. It just gets cleaned up afterwards.

Saying a clean house isn't lived in is like saying washed clothes aren't worn to me. They are ... Just things get tidied up after. I'm not sure why mess is a sign of living in a home?? If a family eats, plays, sleeps, cooks, entertains and loves in a home and then cleans up - surely it's still lived in right??

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (26-08-2012),brooke88(mum2b09)  (20-05-2012),Cheffry  (20-05-2012),GlitterFarts  (20-05-2012),Gracie's Mum  (12-07-2012),Guest1234  (20-05-2012),Guest654  (20-05-2012),headoverfeet  (20-05-2012),Mod-biscotti  (22-05-2012),Mod-RaryGirl  (20-05-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (21-05-2012),Shoopuf  (21-05-2012),SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This to! How can you dry your hands if there's no towel. Are you supposed to fling water everywhere? :lol:

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nawww MIM he is soooper cute *melts*
    I had my friends dog in mind, he's a BIG thing, I can remember the breed but he's like a St Bernard but brown and he was an undisciplined puppy at the time. My friend's DH's attitude was '*I* didn't invite you over, too bad if your kids are scared' and he would let the dog in, who of course was totally excited and would jump all over everyone including my (then) 1 & 2yo babies. TBH it was totally the DH's attitude that peeved me off, not the dog!

Yup, if they have no soap, how do *they* wash their hands??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    Oh yes! I had a friend who owned two cats, my kids were terrified of them and she'd invite us over and then wait until my kids were screaming and clinging to her legs and then she'd say 'okay I'll put them away' and then spend the next 2-3 hours asking my kids if they could be let out yet. Why she couldn't put her cats away before we came over is something I'll never understand and I also don't know why she spent the next few hours trying desperately to let them back out again....if you want your cats out, don't invite us over. I'm sure the cats were fine for a couple of hours with their food, litter, water and a couple of toys in one room.
    Ah good so I'm not the only one experienced this! I get that people love their pets and its *their* house as well as their owners... but just as I would never let a kid of mine scare a visiting child, I would keep 'scarey' pets away from a scared child. To this day, the house i have in mind with the big dog, i leave as soon as the man of the house comes home, i feel so bleurgh about it. Ah well!