+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    I hope my house doesn't smell!!!
    Your dog is adorable!

The thing with dog smell is that people become accustomed to it. When I moved into my current property DP and I couldn't sleep because the carpets smelled so badly like dog. We told our property manager and she owns dogs and she didn't believe us. She sent over two other people, one with dogs, one without - the one without dogs almost dry wretched because the dog smell was so strong. It was unbearable but dog owners had no idea!!

I'm a bit the same with my cat, if I've been home all day and she wees, I can't smell it. But someone else will smell it within a second. Just glad I can get rid of the cat smell, she doesn't tend to leave the smell on furniture and/or carpet (although some who pee outside their litter tray would)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you're a guest at a friend's house, ask if you can have a quick shower, and get out to realise that there's only one towel, and it's dirty {as in, actual mud on it}

I was standing naked in the bathroom shivering just going what do I do?!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my motto ' clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy'. My SIL would spend half her life cleaning her house and the rest of her time Yelling at the kids to clean up. I dont like smoke, I dont like pets indoors, I dont like filth. I can handle messy, I can manage without a hand towel. marie.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (22-05-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (22-05-2012),LoveLivesHere  (22-05-2012),Sonja  (22-05-2012),T 800  (22-05-2012),Uh-Oh  (22-05-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Wow.. I'm pretty shocked by this thread.

If I visit someones house, I simply respect that the way they live is the way they live. Nothing really bothers me at all. If someones house is extremely clean display home style, it will generally make me feel really guilty about the state of my own home. If their house is a bit cluttered and imperfect, I'll feel very comfortable there. If their house is filthy and very cluttered, I might feel a bit smug that I'm doing a better job keeping my house clean than they are! But nothing really grosses me out or annoys me.

As for animals in the house, I have 2 large dogs and 2 cats, and prior to having kids they were all inside animals. Since having my kids they now live outside and only come inside on occassion (cats always have access to inside). I just found that a cleaner way for us to live now that I have kids, but I certainly respect other peoples rights to have their animals indoors. They are a part of the family and it is THEIR home.

After reading this thread I now know why I never invite people to my house. I always thought I was being over the top thinking people would judge me on every little thing, but seems it's true!
    A voice of reason!
    This thread has seriously put me on edge. We have a small house with too much stuff that doesn't get much natural light so even on it's best day it feels like all of our stuff is closing in on you so to see all of these posts about people who can't stand clutter in other peoples homes just makes my heart sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde Assassin View Post
    & unmade beds kind of annoy me.
    Other peoples unmade beds....seriously??? What someone elses bed looks like is of no consequence to anyone but the people who have to sleep in it.

I really wish I could unread this. I can never have someone come in to this house again.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 22-05-2012 at 20:42.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    A voice of reason!
    This thread has seriously put me on edge. We have a small house with too much stuff that doesn't get much natural light so even on it's best day it feels like all of our stuff is closing in on you so to see all of these posts about people who can't stand clutter in other peoples homes just makes my heart sink.

I really wish I could unread this. I can never have someone come in to this house again.
    I'm sorry its made you feel like that, i am not taking it to heart at all. I'm not planning on inviting the BH collective to my house anytime soon (no offence BH lol) so my friends will continue to think what they always thought. Why worry about what people *might* think? Life's too short

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing i hate is the house being so cluttered there's nowhere to sit so I spend an hour standing around awkwardly holding a 10 kilo baby, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dogs inside full stop ....spew

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dirty or unhygenic, animal faeces inside , urine, smells of mice, dirty dishes sitting for days, sooo much clutter. Hasnt been cleaned properly in years Im a clean freak and its awful ( only been to 1 home thats been like this) Havent been there since DD was born nearly 2 years ago (in- law) Eta and leaving covered in dog hair cause EVERYTHING has hair on it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 12-07-2012 at 23:40.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pommymumofthree View Post
    Dogs inside full stop ....spew
    Even if they're lovely and quiet and sit on their blanket in a corner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smelly homes. I know everyone has there own scent, but wow, some people!!

I am pretty upfront so if your dog is sniffing me or whatever I will tell it to get out or go sit down. After a pat of course. I do hate smelly dogs and now warning, so you pat it then stinky hands... ewww!!

Dirty toilets are a killer for me, and dishes so old they smell.

I wouldn't say I hate those perfect homes with everything in it's place, but I do wish mine looked like that ALL the time!!! I just don't have the time! As long as the home owner doesn't get stressed out when it get's messy cause kids are playing!

When there is no room deodorizer in the loo, or a toilet brush can just be awkward!!

Filthy bbq's. Sitting outside and the back yard smells like dog poo.

But, all the things I think eeewww.... doesn't matter because I am there to see my mates, and its their house, and I respect that.

To put the shoe on the other foot, and defend a few dislikes....

When we had our house I expected my visitors to take their shoes off. I had polished floors and the grit on your shoes causes so much damage!! I also had clean floors- unless you seen me wearing socks and you should just turn around and leave cause I had ignored my housework for the week!!

Our dog was an indoor outdoor dog. When we had kids over he was put in our room. Mates for a few drinks he would chill out with us. We did take into consideration the people at our home. If a friend was scared of our dog there is no way I would leave it out during their visit. That is just cruel.

I almost always had toys put away properly etc, but if other people came over I would not have a fit over all the toys coming out. Always nice for the other kids to help pack up and most of my friends kids do, most of the time I say don't worry anyways.