+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMud View Post
    Never knew so many people hated house pets!

I can understand disliking really filthy, badly behaved scary pets. But otherwise, I don't get it.

My dog is my pride and joy. She's clean, friendly and well behaved. If my visitors don't like dogs, I make them sit outside!
    Love it! Totally agree!

Unfortunately our dogs aren't that well behaved so we usually leave them outside unless people are used to them or not afraid.

I can't stand hair in the sinks, no hand towels (what am I supposed to use your shower towel?!) & unmade beds kind of annoy me.

But seriously, what the...?! People leave used undies with pads on them out?! That is the most disgusting thing ever!!
    Last edited by Blonde Assassin; 21-05-2012 at 16:18.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Lol, you have a Great Dane, they're intimidating even when they are wonderfully behaved. I remember being outside the dairy and a man asked me to hold his dogs leash while he popped in to grab something, I asked him what I should do if the dog tried to run, he laughed.

I haven't met a Great Dane I didn't like (once I was more comfortable with them), I was still nervous because of their size though and knowing that they are an animal, well trained or not.

I have two Great Danes and two Irish Wolfhounds.

Poor BlissedOut, if you visit I'll buy you a special adult size high chair, so you can appreciate from a distance

When visitors who like dogs come over, all the dogs lie on their beds, so they look smaller. I'm used to the flailing arms and the screeching "what is that omg it's huuuggee keep it away from meee" even from tough tradies. I find that people relax faster if the dogs are lying down at the beginning, and then are allowed to stand up later in the visit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate walking into a house when dirt sticks to your feet. Seriously, vacume people!!! Dirt, hair, smells... ewww

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thread asked what people hate, so people are posting it. Everybody has different standards, and I think as a host and a visitor you have a responsibility to please.
    Hosts: take note of what your visitor is like. If they're pretty chill that the kids created a war zone with toys or like animals, relax. If you smoke inside and are inviting a non-smoker, do the courtesy of moving all ashtrays outside and air out the place. Owners of pets, if you have over excited dogs or you know your visitor is uncomfortable, lock them away. I'm sure the dog can handle it.
    Visitors: take note if something bothers you, and remember this for the next time you visit. If it really bothers you, say something. If you're too polite, better pack a hand sanitizer and a cordless vacuum.

In response to the thread question, I'm with majority about dogs, hand towels, toilets, dirty mugs and inside smokers. Also other kids who have food stains on them and look like they have never seen a bath. You can't possibly expect me to want my daughter to play with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to clarify - I have no issues with dogs providing they don't jump / lick / slobber all over me, if tour dog came and sat by me I wouldn't be all ooohh no get that mutt out of the house,

I have two cats, two fish a bird and a rabbit who come inside so animal inside dont bother me,

If my cat is bothering someone by climbing on I would hope they would say can you please restrain your cat or give her a gentle push off their lap

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I have two Great Danes and two Irish Wolfhounds.

Poor BlissedOut, if you visit I'll buy you a special adult size high chair, so you can appreciate from a distance

When visitors who like dogs come over, all the dogs lie on their beds, so they look smaller. I'm used to the flailing arms and the screeching "what is that omg it's huuuggee keep it away from meee" even from tough tradies. I find that people relax faster if the dogs are lying down at the beginning, and then are allowed to stand up later in the visit.
    That's really considerate (the lying down thing, not the high chair - I'm 5'11, so it'd be a very very high chair). I feel sympathy for any idiot brave enough to attempt breaking into your place. I think even if the dogs smiled they'd still crap their pants.

I'm going to PM you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only things I hate are dogs that sit 10cms from kids/babies faces trying to take food from them, and licking kids, and just plain filth. A family member is guilty of this. I'm talking about bottles with curdles milk laying everywhere, their kid peeing on the floor and just using a tea towel to spread it out all over the pitch black floor. Other than that I don't mind how people live.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know I just thought of something else .

When you go over to a friends cause you want a DMc and then another one of their friends you barely know also drops in so you spend the whole visit making small talk but can't really talk about the private stuff you really wanted to talk about. It's really annoying .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

mummyfox92  (21-05-2012),twotrunks  (21-05-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    Ummmm... That's my home lol Except I do have toys all over the floor. But I love a clean home. Mess and clutter makes me uncomfortable and nervous.
    Me too. I can't handle chaos and clutter. Toys do have their own place and get put back in that place once the kids are in bed. You'll always find fresh flowers in my home and never a dirty dish or even clean ones drying on the sink - not because I have visitors coming but because I can't handle a dish in or on my sink for more than an hour or two. Dishes are done in this house 3 times a day at least - after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Used Sanitary Pads/tampons laying in an open bin in the bathroom.
    And dirty undies with a used panty liner still attached to it.. Sunny side up..

Do do not need nor want to see that.

It's plain disgusting.

(a family member is a repeat offender for this.)