+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am never inviting anyone over again....

Just the people I know.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),MissMuppet  (21-05-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I absolutely love dogs, more than other peoples kids most if the time! :-) I have no problem with inside dogs however one of my friends dogs gets very exited and jumps all over me when I go round and they don't really try and stop them. I end up with scratches all over me and they just stand there smiling!

I agree with the dirty bathrooms and toilets, especially when men can't aim!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just on the topic of Dogs, WORMING.
    Is anyone else paranoid when you go to someone's house and there dog is licking you ect and you have this paranoia about wether there wormed or not?

I love dogs and have 2 myself (both always up to date with worming, flea treatments ect) But I always have thoughts running though my head when around someones else's dogs when there licking me, if they are up to date... Internal creepy crawlies freak me out...

It's gotten worse after we went over a very close friends house and her dog was licking dd all over and all around her face, of course dd loved it, but I asked politely If she could just pop the dog outside.

About 3 days later I changed DDs nappy and WORMS!!

I did call her and tell her, she was very apologetic and admitted that she has been meaning to worm her 4 legged friend because she has noticed worms in his poo's!
    And her son has had an itchy bum...

Needless to say DD, me and DH all had worming treatments done and I did our dogs a week early just to be safe.
    The house was pretty much fumigated by me... Everything that could be washed was washed..

I can't stand parasites!!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate when they don't have a water filter or they have stinky dogs inside with dog hair everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I don't have a phobia as such, I'm just highly uncomfortable around unfamiliar dogs, I get really anxious and can't relax. I've had a dog in the past and would consider it again. Would you still sit me outside?
    I'm not phobic either, but I'd prefer not to have an impromptu vag inal examination or be covered by drool and/or scratch marks.

If it sits waiting quietly for me to acknowledge it, I will give it a pat. I can't stand the unrestrained excitability that some dogs have.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T 800 For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (21-05-2012),SugarSkull  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    Just on the topic of Dogs, WORMING.
    Is anyone else paranoid when you go to someone's house and there dog is licking you ect and you have this paranoia about wether there wormed or not?

I love dogs and have 2 myself (both always up to date with worming, flea treatments ect) But I always have thoughts running though my head when around someones else's dogs when there licking me, if they are up to date... Internal creepy crawlies freak me out...

It's gotten worse after we went over a very close friends house and her dog was licking dd all over and all around her face, of course dd loved it, but I asked politely If she could just pop the dog outside.

About 3 days later I changed DDs nappy and WORMS!!

I did call her and tell her, she was very apologetic and admitted that she has been meaning to worm her 4 legged friend because she has noticed worms in his poo's!
    And her son has had an itchy bum...

Needless to say DD, me and DH all had worming treatments done and I did our dogs a week early just to be safe.
    The house was pretty much fumigated by me... Everything that could be washed was washed..

I can't stand parasites!!
    I have the same paranoia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T 800 View Post
    I'm not phobic either, but I'd prefer not to have an impromptu vag inal examination
    Hahaha that's gold!

It just annoys me that people can't see how really uninterested I am in patting their dog and yet they insist - "go on, she's friendly, she wants a pat, she won't bite". It should be pretty easy to pick up on the fact I'm uncomfortable and not enjoying the dog's attention and call their friggin dog away from huffing and puffing and slobbering all up my legs/front.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

T 800  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate any unfamiliar dogs, im terrified of strange dogs (was bitten by a big dog as a child) and im terrified of my kids going near strange dogs too. The other thing i hate is when one particular friend invites us over for a playdate and comes here for a playdate and her kids are sick. Like not just a runny nose, but like the full on flu. OR WHEN HER CHILD WAS JUST GETTING OVER CHICKEN POX. Whaaaaat the???????????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Wow.. I'm pretty shocked by this thread.

If I visit someones house, I simply respect that the way they live is the way they live. Nothing really bothers me at all. If someones house is extremely clean display home style, it will generally make me feel really guilty about the state of my own home. If their house is a bit cluttered and imperfect, I'll feel very comfortable there. If their house is filthy and very cluttered, I might feel a bit smug that I'm doing a better job keeping my house clean than they are! But nothing really grosses me out or annoys me.

As for animals in the house, I have 2 large dogs and 2 cats, and prior to having kids they were all inside animals. Since having my kids they now live outside and only come inside on occassion (cats always have access to inside). I just found that a cleaner way for us to live now that I have kids, but I certainly respect other peoples rights to have their animals indoors. They are a part of the family and it is THEIR home.

After reading this thread I now know why I never invite people to my house. I always thought I was being over the top thinking people would judge me on every little thing, but seems it's true!
    Same here. Nothing really bothers me either. If I had issues with something, I should not have come to visit in the first place. I am not there to pass judgement on how others live.

In any case, I'm going to be very wary of who I allow into my house now. I already don't invite people over unless they ask to come visit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to picchi For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (22-05-2012)

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Wow.. I'm pretty shocked by this thread.

If I visit someones house, I simply respect that the way they live is the way they live. Nothing really bothers me at all. If someones house is extremely clean display home style, it will generally make me feel really guilty about the state of my own home. If their house is a bit cluttered and imperfect, I'll feel very comfortable there. If their house is filthy and very cluttered, I might feel a bit smug that I'm doing a better job keeping my house clean than they are! But nothing really grosses me out or annoys me.

As for animals in the house, I have 2 large dogs and 2 cats, and prior to having kids they were all inside animals. Since having my kids they now live outside and only come inside on occassion (cats always have access to inside). I just found that a cleaner way for us to live now that I have kids, but I certainly respect other peoples rights to have their animals indoors. They are a part of the family and it is THEIR home.

After reading this thread I now know why I never invite people to my house. I always thought I was being over the top thinking people would judge me on every little thing, but seems it's true!
    Agreed Caz. I am a little shocked to read people judging others for no hand towel, houses that are too clean, plug in air fresheners and people requesting that guests take their shoes off My home must be a horrible place to visit.