+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Wwyd?

I was at my parents this afternoon with my boys, my parents had a friend over, he's an adult, no quite there because of a motorbike accident but completely aware of his actions. Anyway, I was in the loungeroom and DS1 was sitting on his knee and I thought they were playing until DS1 let out this horrific cry and I looked over and he was holding DS1's face really hard and DS1 was crying asking him to stop. Immedietly I was right there asking what the hell he thought he was doing and to let go of my son, to which he replied he bit DS1, I completely flipped out, called him all sorts of names, the bite had drew blood and was very painful for him, my mum came out and flipped out at him too and he said he bit him because DS1 bit him first. I've taken photos and i'm extremely close to calling the police and making a complaint because this isn't the first time he has treated my kids bad (he got really angry at them a few months ago and called them the C word and another time pushed him eldest) Would you call the police and make a complaint or just never make contact with the person again and move on (will never let him near my children again, ever again anyway!) Poor DS1 was so upset, he keeps saying he doesn't want to go to Grandma's ever again is X is there I'm still completely livid and this happened a few hours ago now, can't calm myself down but have decided to take photos anyway and make a decision in the morning.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would personally call the police

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ((hugs)).

Seeing that he drew blood I would have to make a report to the police.

I'd also take my child to the hospital for fear of infection and other potential diseases.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (21-05-2012),Janesmum123  (20-05-2012),Liddybugs  (21-05-2012),LoveLivesHere  (20-05-2012),MamaC  (21-05-2012),MissMuppet  (21-05-2012),SassyMummy  (21-05-2012),trishalishous  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would contact the police.

I would so take him to the hospital.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 20-05-2012 at 20:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh. I guess it depends how disabled he is exactly??

But separate from the police complaint issue I'd be more worried about communicable diseases. Usually in this sort of situation the man would need to be tested for the diseases otherwise your bub will need tests for up to 6 months. I would want both the man and my son tested for transmittable diseases - I suspect the only way to do that (if the man refuses) is to go through the police....

God how horrible you poor thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    ((hugs)).

Seeing that he drew blood I would have to make a report to the police.

I'd also take my child to the hospital for fear of infection and other potential diseases.
    100% this! Cops and hospital!!
    Without question.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How horrible!! I can't believe he did that!!! If it was me i would have blasted the guy as you had done and then demand that my mother never let him in the house again. You could threaten him that you will call the police next time if he bothers you or your family again. Or as a back up you could perhaps go and make a statement. Im not sure how far that process will go but at least you will have something on file if he ever does something like that again to your children or someone else's. I hope your son is ok now, poor little munchkin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Upon further thought I'd probably call the non-urgent police number (?police link or something) and talk to them about the disease-testing situation and what that would involve...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive, massive to you and your DS1. How scary for all of you.

I'd definitely go to hospital. Not 100% sure whether I'd go to the cops or not, though reading your OP again, I think I probably would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

big hugs to you and your DS.

I'd be going to the hospital, they might even give you a repot on his injuries...and then take that together with your photos to the police in person - even to get advice on what to do, it may not mean pressing charges - but they might issue a warning of somesort and keep an eye on him?

what an awful situation...what action have your parents said they'll take?? - will they invite him back again?