My DH and I after spending many years trying to conceive both naturally and through IVF, have been advised that out best hope of starting a family of our own would be through the use of a donor egg. In order to formally start this process, we have sought approval to advertise for an egg donor from the Minister for Health. This is the formal advertisement:

We are a committed and loving couple who have been together for ten years and married for seven. Whilst we love and adore spending time with our nieces and nephews, we would cherish the opportunity to have a child of our own to make our family complete. We are both from loving and supportive families and believe that we will be able to provide a child with a loving, caring, stable and happy upbringing. After two ectopic pregnancies and twenty unsuccessful IVF attempts we have been advised that our only hope of having a child is through the help of an egg donor. We are seeking a special woman to help us fulfill our dream of having a family of our own. If you are under the age of 35 and have completed your family, we would love for you to contact us, Fiona (39) and Andy (42) via email at All medical and associated travel expenses will be reimbursed. If you think you can help us or would like to know more about us, we would love to hear from you.

This advertisement has been approved by the Victorian Minister for Health, as required by s.40 of the Human Tissue Act (Vic) (May 2012).

Whilst we would prefer to cycle here in Melbourne, we would be prepared to travel interstate.

Andy and I first met in the late 1990s when I shared a house with his brother, but it took us a few years to realize how much we both cared about each other. In 2002 just some months after we started dating I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease, but was one of the lucky ones and am now fit and healthy. In 2005 Andy and I married and in 2006 decided to take what we thought would be our last overseas trip prior to children. In 2007 with my doctor's blessing we started TTC. In that year I have 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in the removal of my left tube. Fast forward to 2012 and we have racked up numerous IVF attempts at 2 different clincics to ensure we tried all options available. Although it always looked positive with each transfer clearly it was just not meant to be. Early this year I had my last FET with my own eggs. Both Andy and I are excited about moving on to this next phase with and much optimism. We hope you are interested in hearing more about us. Fiona