Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think we live in a society that is very me focused. It's all about what WE want. In many areas of life, not just pregnancy.

I'm try to not be a judgemental person, that is not my job in this world. I do have a lot of trouble accepting this and I have my thoughts but I do not know enough about IVF to make a comment and I don't want to offend.

I do want to add that I'm 12 weeks pregnant now. I had a scan last week at 11+3, it most definitely looked like a baby to me, not just tissue.
    Last edited by cheekychook; 20-05-2012 at 23:17.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

katezane  (20-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    That sarcastic comment was made in reference too the poster saying "Sorry it just doesnt fly with me. Its one thing to accidently fall pg and have a termination because you cant afford/handle it but to plan a baby-you know there is a risk of multiples and to delete a healthy life is unjustifyable if thats even a word. We need to stop playing god!!"
    As if IVF isnt what a person might perceive as playing with GOD.

I'm not against IVF, I have an issue with people who think it that it's ok to use IVF (playing with GOD) but then not ok to choose to terminate for what ever reasons. Like gender selection, why not just give people what they want? If you have the means and power of the technology to put it there in the first place, why all the upset over selecting gender.

I'm blown away by people who think that its ok to create, but not ok to choose to 'take away' so to speak. Totally contradicts itself.
    Ok no problems but your wording did not appear to say that.. Sorry for any misunderstanding..

To clarify though does that mean u feel anyone who has had ivf does not have the right to terminate??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Ok no problems but your wording did not appear to say that.. Sorry for any misunderstanding..

To clarify though does that mean u feel anyone who has had ivf does not have the right to terminate??
    No, I fully support women's choices in whatever they want to do with their bodies and how they choose to do it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (21-05-2012),onionskin  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    That sarcastic comment was made in reference too the poster saying "Sorry it just doesnt fly with me. Its one thing to accidently fall pg and have a termination because you cant afford/handle it but to plan a baby-you know there is a risk of multiples and to delete a healthy life is unjustifyable if thats even a word. We need to stop playing god!!"
    As if IVF isnt what a person might perceive as playing with GOD.

I'm not against IVF, I have an issue with people who think it that it's ok to use IVF (playing with GOD) but then not ok to choose to terminate for what ever reasons. Like gender selection, why not just give people what they want? If you have the means and power of the technology to put it there in the first place, why all the upset over selecting gender.

I'm blown away by people who think that its ok to create, but not ok to choose to 'take away' so to speak. Totally contradicts itself.
    Well obviously because it doesn't have to be all or nothing .. people are allowed to draw their own lines about what they beleive is acceptable and what isn't. Just because we have the technology doesn't mean we should use it or that it should sit well with everyone

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand. IVFis known to have caused quite a few twins and triplets. Isn't there a disclosure with a warning or something? Wouldn't they have known the risk in that case?
    I haven't watched it, but my good friend was talking about it on the phone with me this evening. I can't bring myself to watch it.
    All I can think of is what the remaining child will think when he/she finds out he/she had siblings. Surely the parents can't be that naive to think the child will never find out? Once it's on the net, it will be there for as long as the net is alive.
    I believe that these people will eventually get some emotional problems, from making these decisions, as they get older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im still struggling to understand why some of you seem to think it is ok to terminate a singleton but not one of a twin/triplet or higher? Do you really feel that twins etc are more special than single babies? I find that hard to understand.
    I also find it interesting that those of us who actually have twins or higher seem more empathetic towards women who have had to travel the difficult road of selective reduction.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-05-2012),brooke88(mum2b09)  (21-05-2012),Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),Gandalf  (21-05-2012),mrsdj1234  (21-05-2012),RobinSparkles  (20-05-2012),SassyMummy  (21-05-2012),ThreePeasPlease  (20-05-2012),Witwicky  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This enitre thread makes me furious, as well as the comments on the 60 Minutes facebook page.
    Get a grip honestly, the only person who deserves to have an opinion on someone elses right to terminate for whatever reason is the individual themselves.

Don't want to terminate? Great, don't!
    Think you could easily raise triplets? Awesome, go for it!!

Whether or not a woman uses IVF to fall pregnant has no bearing on her RIGHT to terminate.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

babywishes4me  (21-05-2012),Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),Cherry18Bloss  (21-05-2012),Gandalf  (21-05-2012),mrsdj1234  (21-05-2012),onionskin  (21-05-2012),Rutabaga  (21-05-2012),SassyMummy  (21-05-2012),ThreePeasPlease  (20-05-2012),Witwicky  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Well obviously because it doesn't have to be all or nothing .. people are allowed to draw their own lines about what they beleive is acceptable and what isn't. Just because we have the technology doesn't mean we should use it or that it should sit well with everyone

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    I totally agree that we all have our own lines in the sand, our own morals, beliefs and circumstances so we base our decisions on those.

We are not however entitled to project these belief systems onto other women.

Not my body, not my choice.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-05-2012),onionskin  (21-05-2012),RobinSparkles  (20-05-2012),SassyMummy  (21-05-2012),ThreePeasPlease  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wished that they would've been aborted for medical reasons only and not for "I believe humans should have 1 kid. More than 1 is a litter".

But yeah, I am not the one who has to live with the decisions other people make. There is 1 "being" here that is entitled to do the judging and that wont happen until judgement day arrives for these parents.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I just wished that they would've been aborted for medical reasons only and not for "I believe humans should have 1 kid. More than 1 is a litter".

But yeah, I am not the one who has to live with the decisions other people make. There is 1 "being" here that is entitled to do the judging and that wont happen until judgement day arrives for these parents.
    Oh yes, I'm sure those women that reduced hoped that the baby had something wrong with them too. Then they wouldn't be subjected to the kind of rot I've read on here.
    Judgement day, give me a break.

Believe me, that remaining child wouldn't be thanking its parents if the parent chose to keep all three and they ALL ended up being prem, brain damaged and blind! Or if all three babies died due to premature labour.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (20-05-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast