Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There are many reasons why people SR with HOM pregnancies, not just because they don't want too many babies cramping their style, alot of the time there are medical reasons in HOM pregnancies and lets not forget that pretty much 100% of HOMs end in premature birth, It is so easy to sit back and say I would never do this or that - but unless you are actually in that position who really knows. What if you knew that you could lose all of your babies if you didn't do SR, what if you knew that may be the only chance of any of the babies surviving?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This reminds me of a story a few years ago with multiples. The mother was informed one of the babies had trisomy 21 (down syndrome) and she elected to have a reduction... And they terminated the wrong foetus. Horrifying. And needless to say, she was heavily compensated.

I say that I could never terminate one of my babies but then again, I've never been in the position where I have been faced with a decision like that. I think the hardest thing to do is choose which foetus to terminate... That doesn't resonate well. Nor does the prospect of waiting until 11 weeks when baby clearly is more that just tissue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

katezane  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a very one sided story! And the interviewer clearly was biased!
    It was very upsetting and shocking and confronting! But I am pro choice and I think we only saw a pin prick view of these ladies lives and agendas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Just to make it clear, i didnt actually post what you quoted above, 4 under four did
    Ooops my bad, sorry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambibambino For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisrugby View Post
    Only saw her talking about it for a few mins. Thank god I didn't see anymore
    Always been pro abortion for medical/ rape situations and believe each case is very personal, BUT this women is obviously in denial and trying to cover up what she really deep down knew was happening.
    Harsh to say as I'm a new mum, but I don't know that people deserve to have children if that's the way they're going to play with life.
    Very sad, very sick and hope I don't hear about it again.
    Really feel for her daughter.
    I've been sitting here watching my ds1 sleep and just bawled my eyes out. Just couldn't imagine even thinking of doing something like that. I would have loved to have had 3 of him!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

katezane  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    really??! Wow. Pretty harsh comment to make on a parenting forum with areas specifically for people going through ivf... Thanks for ur opinion but that's pretty offensive to myself and probably many others on here too. From memory the article was about selective reduction not just about ivf??!!
    Yep people making comments like that have no idea!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Bear and Mum  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambibambino View Post
    For me it's just that surely when you decide to have three embryos implanted the thought would have to cross your mind that you might have three viable babies? Why have three transferred if you are so philosophically opposed to triplets?
    I'm sorry, I answered this before but the post is gone? Surely it wasn't removed?

She may have had three t/f because the doc told her the chances of triplets were minimal. Or maybe she thought she could handle it but changed her mind.
    Whatever the reasons it was her choice. You can be sure that even if 60 mins made her seem like she didn't care, it would have been incredibly difficult and traumatic to make that decision.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grrr my old post is back now. Must be stupid phone app acting up

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    I pro choice but i have a few questions
    why wait that long to terminate?
    Could it not have been done earlier
    Do mothers that conceive naturally get this same choice?
    I understand why it was done but I don't agree. Once I saw ds's heartbeat at 7 weeks I didnt even feel like their was an option
    Logically, I would guess that she waited til this time to ensure which, if any of the embryos were viable and to have NT/chromosome testing. If you are going to go through with something like this, the logical part of me would believe that you would want your 'chosen' embryo/foetus to have the beat chance of survival.

Also, I choose to reserve judgement. There are many things in life I do or have done that may also be judged harshly if only 5% of the story was told and sensationalized.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzlestick For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    really??! Wow. Pretty harsh comment to make on a parenting forum with areas specifically for people going through ivf... Thanks for ur opinion but that's pretty offensive to myself and probably many others on here too. From memory the article was about selective reduction not just about ivf??!!
    That sarcastic comment was made in reference too the poster saying "Sorry it just doesnt fly with me. Its one thing to accidently fall pg and have a termination because you cant afford/handle it but to plan a baby-you know there is a risk of multiples and to delete a healthy life is unjustifyable if thats even a word. We need to stop playing god!!"
    As if IVF isnt what a person might perceive as playing with GOD.

I'm not against IVF, I have an issue with people who think it that it's ok to use IVF (playing with GOD) but then not ok to choose to terminate for what ever reasons. Like gender selection, why not just give people what they want? If you have the means and power of the technology to put it there in the first place, why all the upset over selecting gender.

I'm blown away by people who think that its ok to create, but not ok to choose to 'take away' so to speak. Totally contradicts itself.
    Last edited by ThreePeasPlease; 20-05-2012 at 22:55.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast