Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was,confronting and designed to cause outrage and emotional responses. I was absolutely appalled to start with and then had to have a serious think about my reaction because I am pro choice. I suppose it is really no different. 60 minutes are the kings of sensationalist journalism. Definitely not something I could do myself but I guess we shouldn't judge others so harshly before we know everything about them and their circumstances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pro choice but i have a few questions
    why wait that long to terminate?
    Could it not have been done earlier
    Do mothers that conceive naturally get this same choice?
    I understand why it was done but I don't agree. Once I saw ds's heartbeat at 7 weeks I didnt even feel like their was an option

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (20-05-2012),Janesmum123  (20-05-2012),katezane  (20-05-2012),Sarelou  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambibambino View Post
    For me it's just that surely when you decide to have three embryos implanted the thought would have to cross your mind that you might have three viable babies? Why have three transferred if you are so philosophically opposed to triplets?
    Yes exactly my thoughts. If you have multiple embryos implanted you need to be prepared for the fact all of them could be successful so in that case to then decide to abort some of them because you only want one shouldn't be allowed.

Even when you start trying for a family you know there is always the possibility of being pregnant with more than one also so embrace it if that happens, don't end the loves of some for convenience.

Dh and I are truelly blessed to have our boys thanks to ivf, there is no way we could go through all we have to get them to then choose 1 if we were pregnant with multiple just because more wouldn't fit into our lifestyle. Once you see that heartbeat for the first time at 7 weeks you realize there is a life inside you and the emotions... Considering you never thought you would get to that point.... It's overwhelming and the best feeling in the world!

Actually I think the procedure shouldn't be allowed unless for medical reasons. Truelly sickens me...
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 20-05-2012 at 22:15.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

katezane  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    exactly. People WILL have their own experiences - but projecting them onto someone else and labelling them as 'disgusting child killers' simply isn't fair.

No one commented on how lovely this mother seemed to behave with her child, dancing with her in public, she obviously loves her daughter very much.

(Reading up on multiple pregnancies when I was pregnant with twins - research has shown that apparently 50% of pregnancies start off as 'twin pregnancies'...not sure what my point is other than, nature 'selectively reduces' pregnancies all the time)

I too wonder what it is that makes people see this in a different light than other terminations? - is it that a 'choice' has to be made between what fetus continues growing and which one doesn't?
    50%, no, the highest quantifiable statistic has been one in 8, that would be closer to 12% of pregnancies. It's rising, because the higher the body weight of the woman, the higher the incidence of falling pregnant with twins in. In my case, there were 2 sets of everything at home, and only one baby came home. I don't want to go into details because it is upsetting.
    I think that stating what you believe isn't pushing it onto someone else..that opinion comes from a defence of an opposite opinion. My position is that all opinions are valid, not just the ones I want to hear. I do understand that sometimes things have to be tempered because you never know who is listening, and things can be harmful, but I don't see anyone overstepping the mark, just raw emotion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be lovely to fall pregnant naturally but cancer took that away.... Do you think I shouldn't carry and have a baby/ies ivf is a wonderful medical marvel!!!!
    Some people should think before they type!!!!!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Waitingfordaisy For This Useful Post:

6 years trying  (20-05-2012),babywishes4me  (21-05-2012),Bear and Mum  (21-05-2012),Clementine Grace  (20-05-2012),jez  (20-05-2012),Rutabaga  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    exactly. People WILL have their own experiences - but projecting them onto someone else and labelling them as 'disgusting child killers' simply isn't fair.

No one commented on how lovely this mother seemed to behave with her child, dancing with her in public, she obviously loves her daughter very much.

(Reading up on multiple pregnancies when I was pregnant with twins - research has shown that apparently 50% of pregnancies start off as 'twin pregnancies'...not sure what my point is other than, nature 'selectively reduces' pregnancies all the time)

I too wonder what it is that makes people see this in a different light than other terminations? - is it that a 'choice' has to be made between what fetus continues growing and which one doesn't?
    Probably the fact that you want the pregnancy, just not all the babies whereas with abortion, you don't want either. I think they are very different and not that I agree with abortion necessarily either, so not saying its right just different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Originally Posted by ShanandBoc

I am disgusted that some of you seem to think that just because a lady does IVF/ iui, she has no rights to terminate. That she should be thankful for whatever she is given. She has just as much right to terminate as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambibambino View Post
    For me it's just that surely when you decide to have three embryos implanted the thought would have to cross your mind that you might have three viable babies? Why have three transferred if you are so philosophically opposed to triplets?
    Just to make it clear, i didnt actually post what you quoted above, 4 under four did
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 20-05-2012 at 22:26. Reason: added username

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Bambibambino  (20-05-2012),katezane  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only saw her talking about it for a few mins. Thank god I didn't see anymore
    Always been pro abortion for medical/ rape situations and believe each case is very personal, BUT this women is obviously in denial and trying to cover up what she really deep down knew was happening.
    Harsh to say as I'm a new mum, but I don't know that people deserve to have children if that's the way they're going to play with life.
    Very sad, very sick and hope I don't hear about it again.
    Really feel for her daughter.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krisrugby For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (20-05-2012),katezane  (20-05-2012),trishalishous  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    50%, no, the highest quantifiable statistic has been one in 8, that would be closer to 12% of pregnancies. It's rising, because the higher the body weight of the woman, the higher the incidence of falling pregnant with twins in.

hmmm...I've gievn the book away now - so I can't find the paragraph.
    maybe it was , only about 50 percent of pregnancies diagnosed in the first trimester with twins result in the birth of two live infants.

anyway - getting off topic now.

I'm sorry you mourn your sibling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    I totally agree, lets stop playing GOD and stop doing IVF.
    really??! Wow. Pretty harsh comment to make on a parenting forum with areas specifically for people going through ivf... Thanks for ur opinion but that's pretty offensive to myself and probably many others on here too. From memory the article was about selective reduction not just about ivf??!!
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 20-05-2012 at 22:33.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

6 years trying  (20-05-2012),babywishes4me  (21-05-2012),Bear and Mum  (21-05-2012),CharlieBug  (21-05-2012),Gemini85  (20-05-2012),jez  (20-05-2012),Rutabaga  (20-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (20-05-2012),TreeGirl  (20-05-2012),Wickedly Happy  (21-05-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast