Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    typical 60 minutes BS.

The only thing I find as disturbing as their 'reporting' is the judgement in this thread.

I feel blessed that we live in a society where we have atonomy over our own bodies regardless of the opinions of others.

Its a slipperly slope.
    Majority rules, and thankfully majority say what these women did is disgusting!

***Sent from my phone***

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Is this what you believe happens to ALL triplets??????
    I'm pretty sure any of the above mentioned "conditions" only happen in a handful of cases and not each and every case. I am also pretty sure the above mentioned "conditions" can happen to single pregnancies too.

Now if it was medically guaranteed that these kids would end up with disabilities, than yes abortion is an option. As I stated before, for medical reasons I do understand. But if it is not guaranteed or if there's not a high risk, than I believe there should be no abortion.
    If you think you can't handle raising 3 kids, maybe make another childless couple happy by offering the 2 other bubs for adoption. That should be an easy choice as these women seem to be unattached to their bubs anyway, hence the abortions.

Again, this is my opinion and I wont change it regardless if you want to make fun of Christianity or not. I am unsubscribing. Have a great evening ladies and gents
    Yes exactly.

What saddened me even more was one of the women went on to have a second child, wtf you just terminated 2 of your babies because they wouldnt fit in with your lifestyle lady yet you go on to have another pregnancy

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If a tree falls in a forest and know body hears it has it really fallen?

When do flesh and cells become a baby? When you can hear them scream.

I don't and will never understand this for ANY reason.

As someone who would give anything to have what those women just discarded. I can't even put into words what I felt watching that.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayemkayare For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (21-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (21-05-2012),VicPark  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The footage made me feel sickened, I felt physically ill watching it and I cried. I hate 60 minutes more than ever for putting that up. How insulting, to all the women who have *ever* for any reason had a termination. At the end of the day women need to be able to choose what happens to their own bodies in all aspects, otherwise its a slippery slope, we could end up like China where the force late term (36+ plus) abortions on women who don't want it etc. It goes both ways. I found it upsetting that these women chose to do what they did. But I have to say - it is VERY obvious that many people on here have no idea just how dangerous having HOMS can be, I find it interesting when people do that "I would never do that" thing about whatever scenario we are talking about, when obviously they will never be in that scenario...what is that all about???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not for this procedure but to the women saying "just adopt them out" are you aware of the risks and complications of a multiple pregnancy? And have you been through one yourself?
    I spent ELEVEN weeks in hospital from my twin pregnancy, having been flown to a hospital 4 hours from home where I stayed. I went into PTL 3 times before delivering early and everyday was worrying and stressful, to say the least.
    Then the SCN or NICU battle where you aren't even allowed to hold your babies because they're on CPAP.
    I had to leave my job, my car was going to be repossessed (mum took care of that) and I slowly got depression.
    Why go through all that just to adopt them out?

And just so you know I'd do it all again but I can very well understand why someone would opt out of it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-05-2012),Cherry18Bloss  (21-05-2012),Gandalf  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goodness women, people abort healthy, planned babies ALL THE TIME! And shock, horror, some even go on to have more children!!!!!

I cannot believe what reading here, with people calling her disgusting etc. a

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-05-2012),Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),Cherry18Bloss  (21-05-2012),Elijahs Mum  (21-05-2012),headoverfeet  (21-05-2012),katzdreams  (21-05-2012),SassyMummy  (21-05-2012),shelle65  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
    "I am pro-choice, BUT..."

This means you aren't pro-choice!!
    I don't agree with this comment.

I'm pro choice but I find this topic confronting & the image if that heart dying made me cry. However I fully support a woman's right to choose. It's not my decision to make.

To me, being pro choice means supporting that right. It doesn't mean I would do the same if I was in that position.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (21-05-2012),beebs  (21-05-2012),CazHazKidz  (21-05-2012),CharlieBug  (21-05-2012),Gandalf  (21-05-2012),T 800  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    By being pro choice you are saying its ok tho...whether u would do it yourself or not. Pro life is saying this is not ok under any circumstance, that its morally wrong. I think that was the point being made.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (21-05-2012),VicPark  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    I don't agree with this comment.

I'm pro choice but I find this topic confronting & the image if that heart dying made me cry. However I fully support a woman's right to choose. It's not my decision to make.

To me, being pro choice means supporting that right. It doesn't mean I would do the same if I was in that position.
    i believe hagrid was more referring to the 'i'm pro-choice, but this is wrong and should be illegal' stance

i'm pro-choice, and while i can't imagine many circumstances where i would choose to terminate [and yes, i'm not sure i could selectively reduce - even with my knowledge of the risks and the inner workings of nicu/scbu], i will still forever protect the right of women who do make those choices.

i also choose not to view the proceedure if there is a bias storyline over the top (aka, i haven't watched the 60min report). i'd hold a womans hand while she was going through it if she needed me to though.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (21-05-2012),headoverfeet  (21-05-2012),RobinSparkles  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed, i think hagrid was saying you cant say..." im pro choice but i think this is disgusting".

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (21-05-2012)