Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have not seen the show and I have no interest in doing.However,I do believe that everyone who has posted has a right to their opinion and a right to express it.

I also think that sometimes judgement is needed, without it there are no boundaries or laws eg some think it is right to kill a daughter who shames a family,however thankfully the majority judge this as wrong as so the law,through us,judges this as murder.

I do not think that being pro choice is black or white.I do support pro choice because it is not my decision and personal autonomy is important to me but I still do not like the choice to abort.

I do think many aspects of science are a slippery slope but if faced with the only way to concieve, or to save my childs life was to be on this slope then you can bet your last dollar that I would try it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (21-05-2012),T 800  (21-05-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    Im still struggling to understand why some of you seem to think it is ok to terminate a singleton but not one of a twin/triplet or higher? Do you really feel that twins etc are more special than single babies? I find that hard to understand.
    I also find it interesting that those of us who actually have twins or higher seem more empathetic towards women who have had to travel the difficult road of selective reduction.
    To me its the fact that they actively sought a pregnancy, and then aborted. Id have an issue with someone TTC then aborting for a non medical reason regardless of the number of babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I watched the first 30 seconds and turned it off. I just couldn't watch it. I cried and cried after seeing those images. I can't unsee that

I have always believed that I am pro-choice and believe that I still am, but that footage has left me wrestling with these core beliefs. I feel that to be truly pro-choice there is no "but" at the end and this is a belief I have always had.
    BUT (yeah, I know) I do have issue with selective reduction when terminating a perfectly healthy baby... But that goes against true pro-choice - argh!

So tonight I go to bed with that unforgettable image in my head and a war raging in my heart
    Last edited by MamaC; 21-05-2012 at 02:11. Reason: had to clarify

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pro Life here. It's just wrong..and sad.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brownsugar For This Useful Post:

RainbowSky  (21-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (21-05-2012),VicPark  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask how some of you have an issue with selective reduction, but not abortion of a singleton pregnancy?

Many, maybe even majority of pregnancies that are aborted were healthy little babies like you saw on the screen, and isn't that just selective reduction of one, down to zero?

Not trying to start anything here, I'm just genuinely curious as to what the difference is for those of you who have said that.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),ShanandBoc  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Being pro-choice doesn't mean that it doesn't make you uncomfortable, or upset, or confronting. Nobody likes abortion, just some people believe that the woman should always be able to choose, no matter what the circumstances, without putting your own morals before someone else's.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-05-2012),Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),CazHazKidz  (21-05-2012),Cherry18Bloss  (21-05-2012),Gandalf  (21-05-2012),MamaC  (21-05-2012),mrsdj1234  (21-05-2012),Rutabaga  (21-05-2012),SassyMummy  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was already going to be giving birth - couldn't she have given the others up for adoption?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummabear27 For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (21-05-2012),CharlieBug  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfordaisy View Post
    It would be lovely to fall pregnant naturally but cancer took that away.... Do you think I shouldn't carry and have a baby/ies ivf is a wonderful medical marvel!!!!
    Some people should think before they type!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    That sarcastic comment was made in reference too the poster saying "Sorry it just doesnt fly with me. Its one thing to accidently fall pg and have a termination because you cant afford/handle it but to plan a baby-you know there is a risk of multiples and to delete a healthy life is unjustifyable if thats even a word. We need to stop playing god!!"
    As if IVF isnt what a person might perceive as playing with GOD.

I'm not against IVF, I have an issue with people who think it that it's ok to use IVF (playing with GOD) but then not ok to choose to terminate for what ever reasons. Like gender selection, why not just give people what they want? If you have the means and power of the technology to put it there in the first place, why all the upset over selecting gender.

I'm blown away by people who think that its ok to create, but not ok to choose to 'take away' so to speak. Totally contradicts itself.
    Ok, for the last time i think ivf is GOOD. I never even mentioned it in the original post because neither of these women did that and that what im basing my judgement on? What scares me is people slowly being able to take over nature and create babies that better fit their lifestyle, to me thats no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by cianson View Post
    She was already going to be giving birth - couldn't she have given the others up for adoption?
    See, she said that she couldnt do that because once she saw them how could she pick which one to keep. Imo-how could you look at the screen and pick which one too?

My best friend had to go through this with her son at 21 weeks and it nearly killed her, they terminated and she gave birth. These women that just do it like its perfectly ok sicken me, sorry but its a grown up descision to have a baby and to accept the risks. Soon we will be saying 'oh! Im gonna have children, only one, a boy, with sandy blonde hair, and green eyes, and he wont be gay, and he will sleep really good!!' a women who murders her baby for crying to much get let off because well,she just wouldnt be able to cope with a coliky baby.

Might sound crazy but who knows in 1000 years what will be happening.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched 60 seconds last night but with no sound as I was in a canteen. Watched the needle approach the baby but thought they were getting some amniotic fluid for testing... I had no idea on earth they were aborting the baby!!! I would have been in floods of tears! How could she do that!!!!! how?!!!! It makes me sick!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched in tears. The way the lady described her babies as "just tissue" or how "she didnt want to have a litter" was confronting to me.
    But what truly got me scratching my head and thinking "how selfish" was when the other lady was asked, why not adopt out the other two, for her to answer that it wouldnt be fair to make her choose. IMO my baby is my baby inside my belly or out. I couldn't choose to give one or two babies away after giving birth, the same wat I couldnt choose which two to abort. It is heartbreaking.
    How could you not think of the other two babies everyday? How would you feel if you did terminate two of your precious little babies, then the worst was to happen to the third? I don't know, for me its not an ok thing to do and I think its very selfish.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub