Closed Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I totally agree that we all have our own lines in the sand, our own morals, beliefs and circumstances so we base our decisions on those.

We are not however entitled to project these belief systems onto other women.

Not my body, not my choice.
    I agree. I only said that because I don't agree with someone saying if you agree with one form of reproductive technology you should embrace every aspect of it. Personally.. I find the idea of what these women did, or rather, the reason.. just .. wrong.. but yes its not our choice to make and it can't be that women can only access terminations if their motive is "good enough".

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ahh...good ol' judgement day.
    I knew it wouldn't take long for that to be used as basis to waggle a finger in the direction of another woman's reproductive rights.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    But yeah, I am not the one who has to live with the decisions other people make. There is 1 "being" here that is entitled to do the judging and that wont happen until judgement day arrives for these parents.
    The good ol judgement day quote, what a whole lot of bull puckie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well if you prefer I can do all the judging instead.

Again, I have not seen the program as I can't stand to do so. I first thought they were aborted for medical reasons only, which I can understand. Yet when I came onto BH I found that there were some who aborted for non medical reasons like believing a human should have 1 child and not a litter.
    It is THIS kind of reasoning I do not agree with. It is THIS kind of reasoning I will judge for you if you are not a Christian. Simple.

Believe what you want. We all have stated our opinions and you now know where I stand, so I am unsubscribing from this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    The good ol judgement day quote, what a whole lot of bull puckie
    I'm going to attempt to use "bull puckie" in a sentence every day this week.
    Judgement day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    "I am pro-choice, BUT..."

This means you aren't pro-choice!!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (21-05-2012),Cherry18Bloss  (21-05-2012),Gandalf  (21-05-2012),MamaC  (21-05-2012),SassyMummy  (21-05-2012),trishalishous  (21-05-2012),Witwicky  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    ALL ended up being prem, brain damaged and blind! Or if all three babies died due to premature labour.
    Is this what you believe happens to ALL triplets??????
    I'm pretty sure any of the above mentioned "conditions" only happen in a handful of cases and not each and every case. I am also pretty sure the above mentioned "conditions" can happen to single pregnancies too.

Now if it was medically guaranteed that these kids would end up with disabilities, than yes abortion is an option. As I stated before, for medical reasons I do understand. But if it is not guaranteed or if there's not a high risk, than I believe there should be no abortion.
    If you think you can't handle raising 3 kids, maybe make another childless couple happy by offering the 2 other bubs for adoption. That should be an easy choice as these women seem to be unattached to their bubs anyway, hence the abortions.

Again, this is my opinion and I wont change it regardless if you want to make fun of Christianity or not. I am unsubscribing. Have a great evening ladies and gents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 21-05-2012 at 00:15. Reason: CBF

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (21-05-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Didn't see the show. From what I gather here it promoted an element of fear mongering re any and all types of ART, and what they are unleashing onto the world! I can just see that anyone who knows I'm going through IVF will now feel within their rights to scrutinize me (more), as I'm one of those types involved in something that others don't know too much about, so obviously can't be completely "right". Can't wait for tomorrow's conversations

FWIW my heart breaks for anyone who's gone through selective reduction. No matter how others present it, it has to be a devastating situation to be in.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Is this what you believe happens to ALL triplets??????

Now if it was medically guaranteed that these kids would end up with disabilities, than yes abortion is an option. As I stated before, for medical reasons I do understand. But if it is not guaranteed or if there's not a high risk, than I believe there should be no abortion.
    While you are spouting christianity, i guess the risk of a disabled child is enough of a reason to be ok with an abortion? Plenty of kids have disabilities and are loved by their parents. If it's disabled, its ok to terminate, but not for any other reason. Very interesting.

Any multiple, especially triplets is always high risk and many are born prematurely and with problems. Is this enough of a medical risk? I find it very interesting that you talk about "judgment day" but you are willing to draw your own line in the sand.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (21-05-2012),headoverfeet  (21-05-2012),RobinSparkles  (21-05-2012),Rutabaga  (21-05-2012)