+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I think my 2 month old just rolled over!!

is this even possible at such a young age??
    I thought it was a one off so I put her on her tummy 4 or 5 times with her arms both under her chest as well as out in front and she rolled to her back everytime
    is it possible??

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 8 weeks there is a strong reflex that will make one arm straighten and the other arm bend at the elbow when the baby turns it's head - this would make her fall onto her side and roll onto back with momentum if you have propped her arms under her chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS rolled over around that age but he was on the bed so quite cushioned lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My son rolled 3 times in one morning at 2 months, and didn't roll again until about 4 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, absolutely. DD rolled from tummy to back when she was only a few weeks old. She had good neck control from birth, and was able to lift her head up from day 2! I don't know how she was so strong but she was extremely activr in the womb too.

However it took much longer for her to roll back to front and she first did that at 4 months.

Oh even though she rolled at such an early age she didn't do it consistently or all the time until a few months later, which led me to believe she didn't intend to roll, and perhaps as PP said, it was some knd of reflex action?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD1 rolled from her tummy to her back at 3 weeks. I was totally impressed and freaking out that she'd be in to everything early.....she didn't crawl on her hands and knees until she was 12 months old and didn't walk until she was 15 months old!! I think she went out too early on the rolling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep my 2nd dd rolled dead on 8wks, I was devastated!!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No kidding, my son rolled from 9 days old back to front.. 2 months he was rolling front to back.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS rolled from back to tummy at 9 weeks but couldn't roll back till about 15-16 weeks, he used to get very frustrated until he worked out the loop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD rolled from front to back quite early...but it was not intentional and she was not impressed! She is 7 months and has rolled from back to front only twice, way later than DS did it. I don't mind at all, as I still have control over where she is when I put her down if I want! I mostly put her on her front to commando crawl about, but if I need her to stay put I put her on her back and she can't move