+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural Induction Methods

I am 38 weeks and completely over it!!!!!!!!! Sick of being in pain, over being uncomfortable and my asthma is getting worse with the weather getting colder and there's not much I can take for it, so i'd love to be able to breathe properly again!!

I've read heaps of information about natural induction methods, but I was wondering which ones have worked you ladies??...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I am 38 weeks and completely over it!!!!!!!!! Sick of being in pain, over being uncomfortable and my asthma is getting worse with the weather getting colder and there's not much I can take for it, so i'd love to be able to breathe properly again!!

I've read heaps of information about natural induction methods, but I was wondering which ones have worked you ladies??...
    No such thing as natural induction, you risk a baby who is going to be premature and at 38 weeks possibly 4 weeks too early for them which can pose a range of risks, including breathing issues.

Have you looked into ways to make yourself more comfortable? Chiro helped me heaps when I went to 42+5 with DD. Have you spoken to your care provider about your concerns in regards to your asthma?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like to think that 'natural induction' methods only really work if you are actual ready

So lots of walking, nipple stimulation, clary sage, s-ex, org@sms, climbing stairs, relaxation, visualisation etc. I see no harm in giving them all a go

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibranTwin For This Useful Post:

brooke88(mum2b09)  (20-05-2012),nelle7250  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing!
    I know everyone says baby will come when ready (not even close yet!) but I'm not allowed to go overdue or be induced if I want my VBAC so definitely looking into natural options and wanting to research it early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Have you spoken to your care provider about your concerns in regards to your asthma?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have and there's nothing they can give me besides ventolin, so i'm living on that like oxygen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying acupuncture, my friend swears by it and has had it for induction for 2 of her children now- in sating that if baby isn't ready it can take two weeks of weekly sessions to work. I'm having it done for my hips and babies position at the moment, suffering from chronic pain from nerve issues it has helped a little and will try the induction at 38 week in 10 days.