+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think DP would disown me if ever I got a tattoo. We're both not really tattoo fans here... I don't mind tattoos, but think only a select few look good with them, and I know that I'm not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    DH, happily, thinks the more a woman does to make herself look attractive the less attractive she is.
    You know, I think this is half right... I see it more as "the more a woman does to make herself look attractive, the less attractive SHE THINKS SHE IS." Also would depend on how important she rates her physical attractiveness of course.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (21-05-2012),delirium  (21-05-2012),Gandalf  (22-05-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DP can't understand why I wax my eyebrows. He'll argue til he is blue in the face that he can't see a difference between hairy Jack Nicholson eyebrows and beautiful eyebrows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Seems a bit harsh

It is actually really unsafe to pluck nose hair - opening up a hair follicle to the bacteria in the nose can cause infection which can be very serious given the close proximity to the brain - or so says Dr Oz.
    Ive accidentally pulled out a nose hair (picking my nose..... Come on.... Everyone does it.... With a tissue! .... Anyhoo!!!) and it got infected! It was quite unpleasant. I very nearly went to the gp for it, but it did eventually heal.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH doesn't like tans (fake or real), which is lucky considering I am whiter than white!

He hates the 'fake' look - acrylic nails, lots of makeup, bleached hair, etc. And he hates anything too 'try hard' too.

I don't think that's strange though, as I prefer natural makeup/ hair.

My hair is naturally quite wavy, but I very occasionally have it straightened. He always prefers it wavy, which saves me the effort of ever having to straighten it unless I really want to!

One thing that's strange is that he hates cardigans. I don't mean big grandma ones - I'm talking about little cute ones (maybe with half length sleeves) that you might wear with a dress on a cool summery day. I'm quite partial to the odd little cute cardie... I swear if they were called something else - like maybe "zglottles" (for instance) he would be fine with them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh I'm a cardi lover Girl X... he'd loathe me. I've been admiring some gorgeous vintage-inspired ones around the place lately with beading... they're really grandmotherly and gorgeous and girly!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (21-05-2012),Happy2be3  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After reading this thread, I think DH must be the reaaaally strange one... he likes women's fashion and all the things I do to make myself half attractive lol.

He loves when I fake tan, he loves my makeup style, he loves my hair blow dried or styled, he loves me wearing feminine dresses and nice shoes and isn't a fan of women in jeans, he loves when I wear red nail polish etc...

He also says he loves me without makeup and in pj's i'm "cute" blah blah blah but in my opinion I am not a natural beauty AT ALL and I love dressing up and using makeup and looking completely different (fake) .

I think we match well though, I couldn't stand if DH told me to just wear jeans or tole me he doesn't like me wearing makeup, dresses etc because it is like a fun hobby for me, and him appreciating it just makes it even more fun for me. He is also fine with paying for it all which is handy.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I will have to let DP know that he's safe and will never lose me to any other man, as apparently they all hate my cardis I honestly wear a cardi every single day.

Anyhoo, that reminds me to go start a spin off

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Oh I'm a cardi lover Girl X... he'd loathe me. I've been admiring some gorgeous vintage-inspired ones around the place lately with beading... they're really grandmotherly and gorgeous and girly!
    I'm loving the Alannah Hill cardis coming into winter. They don't really suit me but I don't care cause they are cute.
    My Dh is the less is more kinda guy.
    He is not attracted to blondes and will comment on women with their 'slap' on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH used to tell me I'm beautiful when I wasn't wearing makeup - I always was but it took me more makeup to achieve a 'natural' look then when I do say a 'smokey eye and glossy lips'

He also tells me my hair is awesome after I've been to the salon but he never remembers that I get money from him to do get it down, which can be good!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH PREFERS regrowth...
    He also PREFERS when your nail polish is chipped.

He doesn't really care about anything like that though... If I have a pedi and I'm all 'look at my toes! They look like rubies!' he is happy for me

He doesn't care about make up, but if I do put some on, he wants me to put on eyeliner like cleopatra.... And he loves the powdery smell of makeup, more than the look.

He *does* judge people who wear thongs though... ESPECIALLY thongs and jeans. He doesn't get women who dress up nicely and make such an effort and then slap on some thongs. He says there's no such thing as 'dressy' thongs...