+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    He really dislikes blonde hair.

Oh and fake nails.

Also, I was wearing a high waisted skirt the other day and he said "Errr good morning Harry high pants!"
    Exactly the same as my DH.

Oh and cardigans, he always pays out on cardigans!!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine simply does not "get" why women paint their nails. "What for?" he says.
    He doesn't get long nails. I remember when we first going out, we saw a mutual female friend while we were out and she had just got her nails done, nice longish French manicure. When she left, he turned to me and said "yuck-did you see her nails?" He says long nails are off putting and claw like. But I always have and always will paint and grow my nails, despite what he thinks! He also hates fake tan (that one I get), thick and obvious foundation (agree) and he has this real phobia and hate for women with big bushy hair that "they wear like a trophy" over their shoulders. Like when a woman deliberatey styles her hair so it's worn down the front of her shoulders... lol..

He basically just thinks less is best, likes things natural.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    He is not a fan of the maxi dress. I have several and he refers to them as my "mumus".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Loumia, I got these the other day... to wear out on a girl's night (coming weekend).

I have since hidden them from DP and he does not know I own them. He won't complain about how much they cost (they cost only $15!) but he will go on about trashy and prostitute-looking they are... and I just don't want him to put on a downer on my love for these shoes...

I dunno. It was never something I did until recently because I thought it drew attention to my sausage fingers.
    Haha my husband would LOVE those shoes. I'm pretty tall and don't feel comfortable in big heals.....he hates it!!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    they were classic men's magazine ska**s too
    Seems a bit harsh

He also lives in deathly fear of the tweezers. I do his eyebrows and nose hairs
    It is actually really unsafe to pluck nose hair - opening up a hair follicle to the bacteria in the nose can cause infection which can be very serious given the close proximity to the brain - or so says Dr Oz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a serious boyfriend when I was 17 or so, lasted a few years. He hated make up, nail polish, feminine clothes - basically anything that even bordered on 'girly'. He was a couple of years older than me and I had him on a massive, and unhealthy, pedestal. Over time I completely changed myself and talked myself into hating all that stuff too. When we broke up I went and bought nail polish in about ten different colours and I swore I would never ever lose my self and my own tastes again!!

Bit off topic sorry! This thread just reminded me of that time. My DH loves my girly side and only insists (or tries to) that I don't get a tattoo. He knows tho that the only reason I don't have one yet is that I haven't thought of a pic I want to commit to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH hates fake tans, leopard/animal prints on clothes, hair extensions, caked on makeup, super short dresses/skirts, super high wedges, high waisted jeans. Weirdo = /

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm I don't think anything bothers DP, I can wear my absolute daggiest trackies and singlet with hair all over the place and no make up on or I could be totally dressed up to perfection and either way he calls me gorgeous, I think he's delusional at times, and tell him so haha.

But I also hide a lot of my beauty regimes like plucking and facials as we're still kinda new despite basically living together haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh hates pointy shoes- he calls them angry shoes lol. Lots of other things too he doesnt like. Animal print (he thinks it's for old slappers), high waisted shorts. Also red lipstick.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH hates me doing anything to drastic to my hair, doesn't want me to have any piercings and wouldn't like me to get a tattoo (he has a few). But anything else I can go nuts.