+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH doesn't understand the effort I go to with my eyebrows, waxing, hair appointments etc. But, he does know it makes me feel better about myself so he never complains

He's also so sweet no matter what I'm wearing, a fancy dress/heels/makeup or leggings/uggs/no make up at home, he still says the cutest things and makes me feel like a million dollars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If my partner ever b*tched about my eyebrows, I'd show him a pic of John Howard and warn him that's what I'd become if I paid them no attention!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dp thinks all fake tan is just bad. And I tend to agree. As for fashion etc I dunno what he thinks he never comments and I don't think he has earned the right since he still lives in basketball shorts and hoodies he owned in highschool on his non work days. He even still has g unit jumpers:/ lol. He probably is someone who likes girls to dress up to go out I spose? When we go to a pub or dinner or when we used to go clubbing he spent ages getting dressed and trying jackets and hair styles lol.it always makes me feel the need to be equally obsessive

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    If my partner ever b*tched about my eyebrows, I'd show him a pic of John Howard and warn him that's what I'd become if I paid them no attention!
    Hahaha I hear that! I'm Italian and have the facial hair curse. If I didn't tend to them every 2 weeks I'd probably have a monobrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I suspect DP doesn't see the full colour spectrum. He will insist that aqua and navy 'match' as they are both blue.
    men vs women

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DF absolutley hates when I have long nails. Not freakishly long but if they have any sort of length to them it irritates him. He also doesnt understand why I love putting perfume and body spray on...according to him all you need is Deo...which is fine but I love my perfume as well lol

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH, happily, thinks the more a woman does to make herself look attractive the less attractive she is.

We live on the beachfront, so in summer there's billions on young tanned, bleached, plucked, waxed, makeup-slathered and pushup bikini'd girls strutting around.
    He gets so mad that he can't even leave the house on popular beach days. He has a "get off my lawn" attitude towards them.

Last summer {this summer?} four teenagers parked on the naturestrip and had their fish and chips and beer on the driveway end. And they were classic men's magazine ska**s too, but he was on his couch inside going into a rave whenever he heard them giggling or screeching. He wanted to turn the hose on them

For a 25 year old man, this is not only unusual but highly hilarious behaviour.

He also lives in deathly fear of the tweezers. I do his eyebrows and nose hairs every second month, and when he sees me coming with him he actually cowers and makes the silliest excuses as to why I can't do it this time.
    He cries during it and howls with pain while calling me things like "Evil witch"

But afterwards he stands in front of the mirror and calls himself 'pretty boy' like some sort of pomped budgie.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Aurora21  (21-05-2012),cairnsmummy  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH hates long nails, painted nails, piercings, and anything that's just not practical (eg. he'd hate for me to go out in high heels and then spend the night complaining that my feet hurt...he'd just tell me to stop complaining and wear flat shoes next time). The more natural th e better.

He's lucky he's with me because I'm just not a girly girl at all and don't even own a pair of high heels, rarely wear make up, never wear perfume, or own any or desire to own any, never, ever, ever paint my nails or grow them and I haaaaaattttttttteeeeeeeeee leapord print anything. We're perfectly suited to each other style wise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH only seems to like my hair blonde .... and it's bright copper red now.

Blonde is all fine and good if your hair isn't brittle and dry and can handle it. My hair just turned to dust and fell out after I gave birth and hasnt really recovered.

I have converted to natural henna dye to give it a break and I love it. My hair is in much better condition and I feel better about a natural chemical-free product while I TTC/if I am pregnant next time. I know DH doesn't share the enthusiasm and doesn't really 'get' why I can't stay 'the same' but hopefully he adapts.

I know he wouldn't cope if I chopped my hair off either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    My Husband HATES those "Body shape underwear" I don't know the correct name for them, but I'm talking about the ones that suck in all of your problem areas, make you feel like you can't breathe, and then when you bust them off it's like a massive relief and it's the only time you ever feel satisfied about letting your tummy hang all out..

I hope every ones knows what I'm talking about :lol:

Well any way DH hates them.. He says they are the most unattractive thing he has ever seen me wear under a nice dress...

He also hates fake tan.. The smell makes him go cold on me until I'm pale again
    My df hates them too and makes *im gonna spew* faces if he sees mine in the draw.

My tip - black "control slip". Same thing but it looks like a little black dress. Df thinks its hot. Win.win.

Df also loathes maxi dresses and tells me so ALL the time. I happen to love maxi dresses and think hes stupid.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub