+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Strange things your partner thinks about women's beauty/fashion...

I've been painting my fingernails lately... mostly because I've had them done as a part of my course (beauty therapy - someone else was using my nails for their practice/assessment). Anyway, I've kept it up too... I never used to like it, so I've never really done it before.

DP has told me it's tacky.

Now, I get if I had crazy long nails with some crazy designs or whatever... but these are natural nails in fairly unimpressive colours... nothing OTT or crazy about them.

He also absolutely loathes make-up. Loathes it. Thinks I look exactly the same with or without it (even if I'm wearing brightly coloured lipstick... lol). Says it's a waste of time and is trashy.

I think he just knows jack all about fashion and beauty and the kind of look I'm going for.

So what strange things does your partner think about women's fashion/beauty?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine hates straight hair. I have wavy wavy wavy hair and if I straighten it his like "ild rather u have wavy hair" and won't touch me till it's wavy again

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The only comment DF makes about my fashion is the fact that I never wear appropriate footwear when we are doing something outdoors. He really just doesn't notice anything like that

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I suspect DP doesn't see the full colour spectrum. He will insist that aqua and navy 'match' as they are both blue.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is where I love my dh...
    He says as long as I am happy then he is...
    He has also said that if I feel good in it then I probably look good in it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wierdest thing.... That hubby finds me my most attractive when I am feeling the least attractive

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheetah/leopard print is 'in' at the moment & in small doses, i absolutely love it (always have), especially on kids & not just in the brown tones either, i love it in bright colours as well but DH thinks it looks 'trashy' & 'hookerish'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My Dh is the same as kez. He loves when I dress up and wear makeup, but I'm usually in sporty stuff for the gym; sports tights, a lorna jane top and my nikes lol. He also says he finds that sexy too lol I think I could wear a potato sack and he would say I'm beautiful.

I don't think painted nails and makeup if done properly are trashy Has he always thought that Sass or since you've lost the weight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He doesn't 'get' why I put basic make-up on, thinks I'm beautiful without it (aww) and that I only put it on to impress the mums at school when really its just to make my skin look even.
    Anyway, the other morning he was sleeping and I was getting ready, he got all grumpy like 'Why do you have take so long in there? It's not important blah blah blah' so I got grumpy back and said 'Its just the same as you NEEDING to do your hair before you leave the house, you don't NEED to do your hair!' I think he go the message, but I added a few 'Its the ONLY time I get to spend on myself, to make myself feel good, don't you dare complain because it's better than me sulking and crying coz I look sh** all the time etc etc'
    He apologised, haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Husband HATES those "Body shape underwear" I don't know the correct name for them, but I'm talking about the ones that suck in all of your problem areas, make you feel like you can't breathe, and then when you bust them off it's like a massive relief and it's the only time you ever feel satisfied about letting your tummy hang all out..

I hope every ones knows what I'm talking about :lol:

Well any way DH hates them.. He says they are the most unattractive thing he has ever seen me wear under a nice dress...

He also hates fake tan.. The smell makes him go cold on me until I'm pale again