+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I feel so bad

My bed broke last night so this morning I got on the phone to get something done about it it is the second time in 6 months that the same part has broken fanatic furniture offed me a refund so I was on my way down to FF to get my money back and work out a new bed I decide to call my mum and have a vent.
    Mum told me to go home she was going to come get me and we would sort it out, when she gets here she has my grandma with her ( they live together) they take me to FF where I am told no we need the goods before the refund, not what I was told! So that will now be happening tomorrow, they are coming to pick the bed up and I have to go back to get my money.
    Mum want me to still look at beds we go to bed marks I find a bed I am in love with but it is part of a set and can not be split, no matter I'm happy to look on it is way out of my price range anyway, next thing I know mum and grandma are talking money telling me to shh making a deal with the bed man telling me they will need my account number and will put the money in my account to pay the man tomorrow 1500! I could not talk them out of it!
    I feel really bad I feel like I have left them short or something I will never feel like I have replayed them.
    Grandma keep telling me young family's need a hand now an then and mum keeps saying I need a good bed I know I shouldn't complain and I don't mean to but I don't like this feeling I know if I was going to leave them short they would not have done it but still.
    Does anyone know what I mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah I feel bad when my grandma sends me money as I'm sure she needs it more so often I send it back but few times I have taken it when really needed.
    I'm sure she wouldn't have given it to you if she didn't want to

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone knows if you deserve a bed that's broken it's your mum and grandma!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know it is hard to accept charity at times. The best way is to focus on the fact that the giver is feeling good about being able to give, and thus you are giving them a blessing by allowing them to do so.

I understand it is difficult when you feel that you should be responsible for yourself. The best thing I think you can do is pass along the goodwill by making an effort to help someone else out. This doesn't have to be financially. You could volunteer your time, or bake some things for a local school or church bake-sale. Or even as simple as stopping to assist a stranded person with a malfunctioning vehicle by allowing them to use your phone to call for help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I know it is hard to accept charity at times. The best way is to focus on the fact that the giver is feeling good about being able to give, and thus you are giving them a blessing by allowing them to do so.

I understand it is difficult when you feel that you should be responsible for yourself. The best thing I think you can do is pass along the goodwill by making an effort to help someone else out. This doesn't have to be financially. You could volunteer your time, or bake some things for a local school or church bake-sale. Or even as simple as stopping to assist a stranded person with a malfunctioning vehicle by allowing them to use your phone to call for help.
    Pay it forward

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally get where you're coming from as I would feel the same. But, try and look at it this way, if you're in a position to help your child when they're older would you like them to accept your help?? Maybe you could do something nice for them down the line....

Enjoy your new bed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    I totally get where you're coming from as I would feel the same. But, try and look at it this way, if you're in a position to help your child when they're older would you like them to accept your help?? Maybe you could do something nice for them down the line....

Enjoy your new bed...
    That's what DH said, I'm going to try and think of same way to say thank you but nothing seems enough it will come to me