+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Centrelink and childcare?

Hi all

Just wondering if someone could.explain the childcare rebate and childcare benefits to me. I've done an estimate on what I would be entitled to on the website, but I am wondering, do you get one or both? I am looking at returning to work soon but I just want to make sure it's worth it after all of the out of pocket expenses!

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You should be entitled to both!!! As a single parent your percentage should be 100% for childcare benefit but this does depend on your income. As for the rebate you will get 50% of your out of pocket expenses refunded upto $7500 per child per year. You will only need to chose how you want to have it paid a) to your centre on a weekly basis to reduce what you have to pa(this is my choice soooo handy) or b) have it paid to you either fortnightly, quarterly or yearly. Just be aware that once you make your choice you can't change it til the end of the financial year or so my sister was told.

You may even be entitled to claim jet which if eligible would reduce your childcare fees down to 10cents an hour for the first six months I think.

Best of luck with your return to work!!

Similar Threads

1. How much the childcare cost for childcare?
    By barelysupermom in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 11:31
  2. Centrelink ABN?
    By tatia&shura in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 11:23
  3. Childcare Sandford or Childcare Durham cot?
    By momtobe21 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-03-2012, 13:11