+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A couple of people asked if I was worried about turning out like octomum. The first one I explained why that wouldn't happen, the next time I said we were selling the excess to pay for the ivf.

I got the "don't get your hopes up" response from my dad. Yet another reminder about why he's not in my life much.

A lady at work has a sister who went through ivf, unsuccessfully, and despite not having a clue about her sisters problems or treatment has designated herself the font of all ivf knowledge. Before my second cycle she mouthed off to everyone, and since then I've had people asking how long I plan on putting myself through all this, cos it might never work! Thanks for the morale booster, people!

It all comes from people caring, so I try to let it slide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Secondary infertility and being at a dinner party and the conversation moved to fertility and a good friend at the time piped up and voiced s strong opinion in that "if you already have a baby then you should not be allowed to do ivf" admittedly she was talking about octomum and didn't know we had secondary infertility but way to make me feel great!

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I feel like I am reading about my life above!!

I am 28 DH is 29 and I always get 'oh you are young at least time is on ur side' I even got that from one of the ivf nurses after my m/c!! I felt like saying well after two years of trying and two goes at ivf and one m/c it hardly seems that way!

And my BIL is a PT and he keeps telling us we should get super fit etc etc as that will help um 1) we r not overweight and 2) we got preg and had a m/c!!!

My best fiend said to me before we started ivf that just be prepared cause it normally doesn't happen 1st go! Thanks for the pep talk!

People think ivf is the answer to infertility and they don't realize how hard it is or the possibility of it not working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at an engagement party 2 weeks ago (so 6wks preg), talking to some previous work friends and another guy (who i also used to work/study with and he knew we were doing ivf because i stupidly told him 4 months ago because i dont see him very often so thought it would be safe as I wouldnt get pestered daily with annoying questions) walks up with his girlfriend and goes, "what's up with this?" pointing at my stomach! I was like "what do u mean?" he said "arent u pregnant yet? you guys are trying arent you?" Um yes ar5ehole we r trying and im actually 6 weeks preg but i'll tell everyone when i'm good and ready. I didnt say that, I just brushed it off said "yes we're trying and no, not yet" and awkwardly continued my conversation with the others.

Some people have noooo idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    My favourite:

Are you going to choose a boy or a girl?

Really? Well, I guess if genetics were an issue a 'choice' might be suggested for medical reasons, but seriously it's not like I am popping into the pink or blue aisle at Costco.

I get that one sometimes, occasionally I will reply with ' yes of course we are choosing a boy, and he silk have blond hair and blue eyes. Hitler would be proud'

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (21-05-2012),Shoopuf  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akakura View Post
    I was at an engagement party 2 weeks ago (so 6wks preg), talking to some previous work friends and another guy (who i also used to work/study with and he knew we were doing ivf because i stupidly told him 4 months ago because i dont see him very often so thought it would be safe as I wouldnt get pestered daily with annoying questions) walks up with his girlfriend and goes, "what's up with this?" pointing at my stomach! I was like "what do u mean?" he said "arent u pregnant yet? you guys are trying arent you?" Um yes ar5ehole we r trying and im actually 6 weeks preg but i'll tell everyone when i'm good and ready. I didnt say that, I just brushed it off said "yes we're trying and no, not yet" and awkwardly continued my conversation with the others.

Some people have noooo idea.
    My god! It would have taken all my energy not to kick him in the nuts, and then say "oh sorry, must have been my ivf hormones".

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were lucky to fall pennant on our first ICSI cycle with DD2 and a friend came over to visit when she was born and said " See you didn't need to do IVF as you don't have fertility issues!" WTF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Clem, I was in such shock that someone would approach and ask such a thing, in front of other people no less, that I didn't have a sarcastic or put u in ur place response!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm reading these laughing partially in frustration as I think I've heard all of the a a above, I'm really sick of all comments, especially age, I'm almost 29, I know it's not old but we wanted a few kids and I always wanted to be a young mum :-/ plus who's right is it to comment on what they consider is plenty of time!
    Oh and friends with kids, when their kids are crying & they turn & think IRS funny to say things like 'you sure you want kids?! And proceed to laugh like it's a funny joke'

I found after a m/c ppl say things just as dumb

'oh there must not have been enough chrom..)'

'your body just wasn't 'ready''

'i guess it's more of a financial thing rather than an emotional thing'

Yeah because all I've been upset about is the friggen money

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some of these posts are hilarious. Some people just really say stupid things don't they? Seriously... People that haven't been through ivf just have no clue what it all entails I know but they should tread more carefully and be a bit more courteous! It's like oh yeah I want to pay a fortune, I want to endure the poking and prodding, I want to take the drugs that make me feel like a bloated fat cow, I want the stress and worried that goes with it... Good lord, it's not a path I chose!