+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    Happy new year ladies!
    I though I'd kick off the year with my rant

I had a stillborn in October and I'm doing my first FET this month. I was talking to another girl who had a stillborn around the same time I did, about starting TTC again and she said 'well at least with IVF you're guaranteed to fall pregnant when you want to and you don't have to wait month after month'.
    Ummmmmmmm.......
    If only it was that easy!!!!!!

I seriously think she thought that each transfer is a guaranteed BFP! Seriously! If only she knew each transfer was a $1,500 gamble (plus the rest!!), not to mention the physical and emotional rollercoaster!!
    Argh😡

Rant over
    Wow. Just, wow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    Happy new year ladies!
    I though I'd kick off the year with my rant

I had a stillborn in October and I'm doing my first FET this month. I was talking to another girl who had a stillborn around the same time I did, about starting TTC again and she said 'well at least with IVF you're guaranteed to fall pregnant when you want to and you don't have to wait month after month'.
    Ummmmmmmm.......
    If only it was that easy!!!!!!

I seriously think she thought that each transfer is a guaranteed BFP! Seriously! If only she knew each transfer was a $1,500 gamble (plus the rest!!), not to mention the physical and emotional rollercoaster!!
    Argh😡

Rant over
    I realise I'm an imposter in this thread, but from one still mother to another, I think most of us understand that combining conception issues with stillbirth is worse. I would hope you don't have to hear stuff that like regularly (although with some of the stuff I've heard it wouldn't surprise me). I can't even imagine going through this while being administered hormones. I'm so sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    The rudest I ever had was "did you not want kids or is there something wrong with you"
    Had countless other comments but that one slapped me in the face!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing PGD, my mum sent me an article about a study in mice where genetic defects healed themselves after the day 5 testing. Really not sure what she wanted me to do with the information, is she saying I shouldn't have discarded the embryos that were identified as having serious defects and had them implanted, then what, wait until 12 weeks and see if we need to have a termination?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    I'm doing PGD, my mum sent me an article about a study in mice where genetic defects healed themselves after the day 5 testing. Really not sure what she wanted me to do with the information, is she saying I shouldn't have discarded the embryos that were identified as having serious defects and had them implanted, then what, wait until 12 weeks and see if we need to have a termination?
    My mum would say the same things to me, they don't understand.