+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @ScubaGal...I'd tell her to pi$$ off Luv and either block the b*tch or unfollow her posts!! P.S...glad to see you're cruising along nicely too Luv!! Looks like you've got a sticky one this time!! xoxoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL told me "well you can't always have what you want in life" and my own mum and sister told me I act like I'm autistic when I do a cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    MIL told me "well you can't always have what you want in life" and my own mum and sister told me I act like I'm autistic when I do a cycle.
    WOW...... I would be standing there with my mouth wide open in shock unable to respond to either of those. I can't believe that.

I've only just discovered this thread and I am in awe of the s%^t that comes out of mouths. From the socially inept to those closest to you that are supposed to be a support network (that would hurt the most) just in shock!

My only contribution is one that i've heard on repeat by quite a few inc. my DH. "JUST RELAX" Arghhh drives me mad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’m sorry they said those things to you @betty. People just don’t get it do they?

I reckon I can pretty much relate to this whole thread. In the past couple of months people have said some things to me that have made my blood boil too. I acknowledge that I *may* have been more sensitive than I normally would be, but still! Think before you speak people! Sheesh.

- A few weeks ago I mentioned to a close friend that if my last pregnancy had only been in the right place (i.e. not ectopic) we would have been telling everyone and celebrating (I should have been 12 weeks at that point). I said I was feeling a bit sad because instead, I was recovering from surgery and on an enforced break due to needing methotrexate treatment. Her response? ‘At least you didn’t have a miscarriage at 9 weeks like a coworker of mine.’ Wtf? Thanks, that makes me feel heaps better. Thumbs up.

- Another close friend told me that ‘I must have done something really bad in a past life’ to deserve all of this. I know her heart was in the right place and she didn’t mean anything by it, but it still hurts that she could even joke about me bringing this upon myself – even in a past life!

- I told a colleague about our infertility/ivf journey due to her needing to take on my projects at short notice when I had the ectopic surgery. Her comment? ‘The funny thing is, as soon as you stop trying so hard you’ll fall pregnant.’ Um, no I won’t. No amount of ‘stopping trying’ is going to magically un-mangle my guts or grow my lost ovary back. And also, there’s nothing remotely ‘funny’ about infertility.

- DH’s sister (who has 3 kids) face timed us and saw that I was still in my PJs. She then went on and on about ‘oh, to have those carefree pre-children days where we could laze about all morning in PJs’. This was less than a week after my ectopic surgery (which she knew about). I was still on heavy painkillers, bleeding, constantly crying, off work and hardly able to walk at that point. You REALLY want to trade places lady?? Be my guest!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (21-07-2015),Summer  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    I’m sorry they said those things to you @betty. People just don’t get it do they?

I reckon I can pretty much relate to this whole thread. In the past couple of months people have said some things to me that have made my blood boil too. I acknowledge that I *may* have been more sensitive than I normally would be, but still! Think before you speak people! Sheesh.

- A few weeks ago I mentioned to a close friend that if my last pregnancy had only been in the right place (i.e. not ectopic) we would have been telling everyone and celebrating (I should have been 12 weeks at that point). I said I was feeling a bit sad because instead, I was recovering from surgery and on an enforced break due to needing methotrexate treatment. Her response? ‘At least you didn’t have a miscarriage at 9 weeks like a coworker of mine.’ Wtf? Thanks, that makes me feel heaps better. Thumbs up.

- Another close friend told me that ‘I must have done something really bad in a past life’ to deserve all of this. I know her heart was in the right place and she didn’t mean anything by it, but it still hurts that she could even joke about me bringing this upon myself – even in a past life!

- I told a colleague about our infertility/ivf journey due to her needing to take on my projects at short notice when I had the ectopic surgery. Her comment? ‘The funny thing is, as soon as you stop trying so hard you’ll fall pregnant.’ Um, no I won’t. No amount of ‘stopping trying’ is going to magically un-mangle my guts or grow my lost ovary back. And also, there’s nothing remotely ‘funny’ about infertility.

- DH’s sister (who has 3 kids) face timed us and saw that I was still in my PJs. She then went on and on about ‘oh, to have those carefree pre-children days where we could laze about all morning in PJs’. This was less than a week after my ectopic surgery (which she knew about). I was still on heavy painkillers, bleeding, constantly crying, off work and hardly able to walk at that point. You REALLY want to trade places lady?? Be my guest!
    Gosh @MrsChino those are all hideous. I'd love to punch some of them for you. Still stalking you on the threads and waiting for your miracle to come along

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ScubaGal. All the best for the big day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (22-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my BIL just sent me this article:
    ttp://theconversation.com/the-art-of-deception-ivf-success-rates-are-not-what-you-think-42894
    We are in the middle of an IVF cycle
    sigh.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    my BIL just sent me this article:
    ttp://theconversation.com/the-art-of-deception-ivf-success-rates-are-not-what-you-think-42894
    We are in the middle of an IVF cycle
    sigh.....
    How helpful of your BIL 😕
    Good luck with your cycle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Bettie  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had my 2nd failed round. Some of the great ones I've had are -
    'You don't need ivf you just need a weekend away!'
    'You don't have to pay if it doesn't work though' - hahaha if only that was true!
    'Oh well you can just try again' - yes but financially, emotionally and physically it's a horrible journey, I am allowed to be upset when it doesn't work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a read of that article. It makes a lot of good points. But no, definitely not what you want to read whilst cycling! Wondering where your clinic ranks would do your head in.
    Good luck @Bettie and @Just*Ace, hopefully you won't need to be on the rollercoaster for much longer.