+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha this thread made me laugh today, thank you

I'll 2nd ALL of these, because i've heard them all.

Some of mine:
    "well at least you are rich enough to do IVF", yeah you are right, that's the silver lining. If we couldn't afford it, we would just get a loan anyway.

"why don't you just get a surrogate from Amercia? wouldn't it be cheaper" - from the MIL who still didn't realise it was her son's sperm that is the problem.

" You've got to just stop thinking about it" - again from the MIL who decided to turn up for two weeks during my stim cycle. Yup blood tests and scans every morning, calls from the nurse in the afternoon, injections and blinding headaches at night time. Sure, it's easy to forget about!

"why are you stressing, all the movie starts get pregnant mid 40's so you've got plenty of time, just relax". grrrrrrr

and my favourite while i was at morning tea, someone at my work (who i don't know very well, doesn't know me) said in small talk conversation "i don't want any more of my tax dollars going towards IVF, it should be banned, the world is already overpopulated. If you waited till 40 to have a kid, then its your own fault". lovely!

I'm very lucky to have very supportive people around me, it's usually the ones who don't understand who say that stuff. Still i maintain, that no one will EVER understand ivf unless they have been through it. It's like a club, that i wish we didn't belong to!

On a side note, do any of you girls sometimes have a moment like, 'i can't believe i'm actually doing IVF"? You hear about people in magazines, tv doco's, but sometimes i can't believe i actually have to do this to have a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    On a side note, do any of you girls sometimes have a moment like, 'i can't believe i'm actually doing IVF"? You hear about people in magazines, tv doco's, but sometimes i can't believe i actually have to do this to have a child.
    Yes, yes definitely. Four years ago if someone had told me this is where I would end up I would not have believed them! I dreaded the idea of IVF for so long, but thankfully by the time we needed it I was over that and ready to embrace it! We're lucky that most of friends get that it's an exciting and hopeful time for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elly_star View Post
    Yes, yes definitely. Four years ago if someone had told me this is where I would end up I would not have believed them! I dreaded the idea of IVF for so long, but thankfully by the time we needed it I was over that and ready to embrace it! We're lucky that most of friends get that it's an exciting and hopeful time for us.
    And can you imagine just going off the pill, after a few months having AF a week or two late, peeing on a stick and rocking up the the dr a month or two later, very casually like most women do? It seems like a very far away land....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not having IVF, but would just like to say to all you ladies I am so sorry on behalf of insensitive people. I lost a baby earlier this year and thought I would scream at the next person who told me "it'll happen for you guys again soon", so totally understand how people can hurt without realising. I am praying for each of you that your dreams are realised, and hope to hear amazing stories on BH about your precious little ones. Xx

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mummabear27 For This Useful Post:

Bear and Mum  (21-05-2012),elly_star  (20-05-2012),Guest654  (20-05-2012),KandP  (20-05-2012),Possie7  (16-10-2015),rae81  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    99% of people mean well, they just don't get it, and really you wouldn't fully understand unless you had experienced it. I just ignore and more on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    And can you imagine just going off the pill, after a few months having AF a week or two late, peeing on a stick and rocking up the the dr a month or two later, very casually like most women do? It seems like a very far away land....
    Oh those mythical creatures? Yeah I've heard of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "why are you stressing, all the movie starts get pregnant mid 40's so you've got plenty of time, just relax". grrrrrrr
    A lot of those stars are doing IVF when they are in their 40s and just not telling anyone (wondered why many of them have twins?). But people don't even consider that possibility!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    A friend said to me when trying for number 2 "well if it doesn't work at least you have 1 child". This irritated me to say the least! Our desire to have a second child was as high as the first.
    I get this one all the time

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My favourite:

Are you going to choose a boy or a girl?

Really? Well, I guess if genetics were an issue a 'choice' might be suggested for medical reasons, but seriously it's not like I am popping into the pink or blue aisle at Costco.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The very first FS I went to see sat across the desk and said, "oh you'll be fine, you look healthy enough".
    Gee great, just because by BMI is ok doesn't mean my reproductive system is ok! Thankfully current FS searched until she confirmed my fears. What an idiot, and people are paying him megabucks to do IVF!