+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow chefs girl .... Like you would want everyone at the wedding knowing about Ivf wtf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know, I couldn't believe it, it was a horrible weekend, the only good thing was catching up with friends and family who I hadn't seen since our wedding.

I've got another wedding in my tww this cycle! Luckily it's a cousin in Brisbane and my brother and SIL won't be there. I have had to tell my grandmother though as we're staying at her house and I'll be injecting clexane daily!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl you poor thing! I can't believe you had to go through that. Your SIL sounds like a nutbag. I still cannot believe they were going to announce it at the wedding (thank God they asked you first!!!). I can't believe your SIL just told complete strangers; that is do rude & insensitive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep she is a piece of work! They have now moved interstate so I have an excuse not to talk to them much! I purposefully call my brother when I know she won't be there cos I just don't want to talk to her, we're just waiting for him to come to his senses and leave her! I think he was having a midlife crisis or something, but she is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I cant believe how rude & insensitive people can be!

Just about all my family & close friends know we're about to do our first cycle of IVF. I'm amazed at the constant comments of 'it'll be easy now, a walk in the park'....they were amazed to find out it involved surgical procedures & injections as they had no idea.....what do people think happens? I can't believe how fast people are to minimise what people go through & think its an easy process.....they don't realise how hard long term ttc is, let alone the added financial & emotional pressures. Comments like these have really made me regret telling people when I really needed to talk about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I actually had my business partner all confused when I told him our last Ivf cycle didn't work... He was like but didn't you say they implanted a fertilised embryo? Omg he is over 50 and has two kids... Obviously no idea at all..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Nattie, sounds like he has no idea. A very frustrating response for you. Its very frustrating that people think it'll work straight away...I've spent so long telling people that it may still take us a while yet If I've learnt anything from long term ttc is that we have no control over things & although we may be positive, things still may not go to plan...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your posts, I really needed cheering up today.
    AFM, I have only been through one IVF cycle and I'm SO glad we've only told 5 people about starting IVF (my parents, my 2 sisters and a close friend), as 2 of them have already put their foot in it.

First was my mum who said she couldn't understand why we were having so much trouble as she had no issues having 6 kids (the last was when she was 44), and that maybe I should relax more. (This seems to be a very common comment, why do they not get it???)

Second was my sister after I told her I had an appointment that morning, asking if it was to do with my 'Thing'. I played dumb and said "What 'Thing'?" so she said "You know, your THING". Quietly seething I said, "If you mean an IVF appointment, yes it was actually" and busied myself with something else. Seriously? My own sister acting like IVF is some major taboo that can't be spoken of??

Needless to say, I won't be telling anyone else in a hurry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Impatientmummy2B - so sorry that you have already had a rocky start with those closest to you. Wishing you every success in your pending IVF journey.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

ImpatientMummyToBe  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I have had 4 - going on 5 - IVF/ICSI attempts. This time round we have decided to tell everyone and not hide it anymore. I swear since doing so we've had all sorts of responses!! I now just find it amusing that people just don't seem to know what to say. The amount of people who use the word 'exciting' is unbelievable. But my DH had a funny one the other day when telling a work colleague. The colleague just responded with 'oh I wondered why you didn't have any kids' I also find it funny when people say 'let me know if I can help in any way'. Uumm im not really sure that there is anything you can do to improve DH sperm quality and quantity. But thanks for the offer
    Last edited by freakedout44; 29-06-2014 at 09:11.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

phee83  (29-06-2014)