+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 345
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    When I told my husbands step-mum that we are under going IVF, she just goes "Oh really. Well, I was born to be a mother- my children came so easily! I just had to look at my husband and I'd be pregnant. I'm just a baby maker."... Wow. Insensitivity overload. She's twice my age and her children are my age, so you'd think she would be more wise and have some motherly warmth about it.

    However, I should have been more careful with who I told, seeing she's also once proclaimed when I was much younger (I was 19 back when I first met my now husband ten years ago... and her) that she "prefers the company of men because women are too b*tchy". How ironic. It's always the ones that say this that are the worst!
    Last edited by PurpleTulips; 02-04-2014 at 15:05. Reason: typos

  2. #252
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTulips View Post
    When I told my husbands step-mum that we are under going IVF, she just goes "Oh really. Well, I was born to be a mother- my children came so easily! I just had to look at my husband and I'd be pregnant. I'm just a baby maker."... Wow. Insensitivity overload. She's twice my age and her children are my age, so you'd think she would be more wise and have some motherly warmth about it.

    However, I should have been more careful with who I told, seeing she's also once proclaimed when I was much younger (I was 19 back when I first met my now husband ten years ago... and her) that she "doesn't get on with women and prefers the company of men because women are too b*tchy". It's always the ones that say this that are the worst!
    Wow is all I can say to her comments. I told my husband that if his parents told me one more time about how they had issues getting pregnant (a few months) that they went out and got drunk and BOOM… That I would really let loose on them!

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Wow is all I can say to her comments. I told my husband that if his parents told me one more time about how they had issues getting pregnant (a few months) that they went out and got drunk and BOOM… That I would really let loose on them!
    I know the feeling. If I could go back in time, there is a few people I wish I'd never told. I'm lucky enough (ironically) that I didn't tell my own parents...sounds bad I know... but I know my mother well enough to know she would make it her problem and unintentionally make me feel even more stressed and anxious about it. Don't need that!

  4. #254
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTulips View Post
    I know the feeling. If I could go back in time, there is a few people I wish I'd never told. I'm lucky enough (ironically) that I didn't tell my own parents...sounds bad I know... but I know my mother well enough to know she would make it her problem and unintentionally make me feel even more stressed and anxious about it. Don't need that!
    Every cycle I say I wont tell my mum and then in my moments of weekness I tell her… Then she stresses me out.. This clomid cycle I have not even spoken to my mum and I feel fantastic (as bad as that sounds). Sometimes you need to do what is right for you.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

    PurpleTulips  (04-04-2014)

  6. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    309
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked
    86
    Reviews
    0
    I read the article about what not to say to somebody going through IVF and realised I have probably been guilty of making the 'how exciting' comment which I regret if I had ever made somebody upset.

    What about saying Good Luck or I have my Fingers crossed for you or something encouraging like that?

  7. #256
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,943
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked
    569
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    I read the article about what not to say to somebody going through IVF and realised I have probably been guilty of making the 'how exciting' comment which I regret if I had ever made somebody upset.

    What about saying Good Luck or I have my Fingers crossed for you or something encouraging like that?
    Perfect


    Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

    soccer mum  (03-04-2014)

  9. #257
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I told my MIL I was looking for a book about IVF for my DD. (A picture book) MIL asked me why would I tell DD. Does she really need to know. I argued the point yes Dd needs to know. It is part of our life.
    I felt really bad and guilty so I didn't bother getting her one. Now DD is 6 and I wish I had

  10. #258
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveabug View Post
    I told my MIL I was looking for a book about IVF for my DD. (A picture book) MIL asked me why would I tell DD. Does she really need to know. I argued the point yes Dd needs to know. It is part of our life.
    I felt really bad and guilty so I didn't bother getting her one. Now DD is 6 and I wish I had
    Where did I really come from :-)

    And hugs :-(

  11. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0
    We will be hopefully doing an FET cycle soon for #2. I told my Mum and she was pretty much "you have 1, you don't need to go through that again". I understand why, I got severe OHSS the first time and she is probably worried, but stil so anointing. Another one is, children aren't everything plenty of people don't have any.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zobear For This Useful Post:

    MummaCat  (26-07-2014)

  13. #260
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    57
    Reviews
    0
    People are stupid when it comes to things they dont understand.
    While we didnt have as much trouble as some of you I have been through an IVF cycle as an egg donor.

    I would get comments like
    "why would you go through all of that for nothing? "
    "But you don't even really know them why would you do it when its not your problem?"

    No it wasnt my problem and no I didnt know them before all this but I can say everyone should have the chance to experience the joys of children like I have so why not?

    Needless to say the people who made those comments are history because if they are that bloody selfish I dont want to know them. I wasnt asking them to do it or be there or pay for it. I just wanted them to be aware there are people out there who need help and if we all tried to do something to help wouldnt it be a nicer place.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gold coast mumma For This Useful Post:

    besha  (04-04-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-04-2014),Booboo78  (05-04-2014),Chiefsgirl  (06-04-2014),DT75  (22-06-2015),Funchu  (03-04-2014),Mrsmissy  (04-04-2014),penny92  (05-04-2014),PurpleTulips  (04-04-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. What OCD things do you do that are really annoying?
    By scarymarygoldfish in forum Games & fun stuff
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 24-02-2013, 11:27
  2. Annoying things people say
    By Zombie_eyes in forum General Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 21-01-2013, 23:30
  3. WHY do some people have to be so annoying when you have a baby?
    By GlitterFarts in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 09:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!