+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I told my husbands step-mum that we are under going IVF, she just goes "Oh really. Well, I was born to be a mother- my children came so easily! I just had to look at my husband and I'd be pregnant. I'm just a baby maker."... Wow. Insensitivity overload. She's twice my age and her children are my age, so you'd think she would be more wise and have some motherly warmth about it.

However, I should have been more careful with who I told, seeing she's also once proclaimed when I was much younger (I was 19 back when I first met my now husband ten years ago... and her) that she "prefers the company of men because women are too b*tchy". How ironic. It's always the ones that say this that are the worst!
    Last edited by PurpleTulips; 02-04-2014 at 15:05. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTulips View Post
    When I told my husbands step-mum that we are under going IVF, she just goes "Oh really. Well, I was born to be a mother- my children came so easily! I just had to look at my husband and I'd be pregnant. I'm just a baby maker."... Wow. Insensitivity overload. She's twice my age and her children are my age, so you'd think she would be more wise and have some motherly warmth about it.

However, I should have been more careful with who I told, seeing she's also once proclaimed when I was much younger (I was 19 back when I first met my now husband ten years ago... and her) that she "doesn't get on with women and prefers the company of men because women are too b*tchy". It's always the ones that say this that are the worst!
    Wow is all I can say to her comments. I told my husband that if his parents told me one more time about how they had issues getting pregnant (a few months) that they went out and got drunk and BOOM… That I would really let loose on them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Wow is all I can say to her comments. I told my husband that if his parents told me one more time about how they had issues getting pregnant (a few months) that they went out and got drunk and BOOM… That I would really let loose on them!
    I know the feeling. If I could go back in time, there is a few people I wish I'd never told. I'm lucky enough (ironically) that I didn't tell my own parents...sounds bad I know... but I know my mother well enough to know she would make it her problem and unintentionally make me feel even more stressed and anxious about it. Don't need that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTulips View Post
    I know the feeling. If I could go back in time, there is a few people I wish I'd never told. I'm lucky enough (ironically) that I didn't tell my own parents...sounds bad I know... but I know my mother well enough to know she would make it her problem and unintentionally make me feel even more stressed and anxious about it. Don't need that!
    Every cycle I say I wont tell my mum and then in my moments of weekness I tell her… Then she stresses me out.. This clomid cycle I have not even spoken to my mum and I feel fantastic (as bad as that sounds). Sometimes you need to do what is right for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

PurpleTulips  (04-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read the article about what not to say to somebody going through IVF and realised I have probably been guilty of making the 'how exciting' comment which I regret if I had ever made somebody upset.

What about saying Good Luck or I have my Fingers crossed for you or something encouraging like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer mum View Post
    I read the article about what not to say to somebody going through IVF and realised I have probably been guilty of making the 'how exciting' comment which I regret if I had ever made somebody upset.

What about saying Good Luck or I have my Fingers crossed for you or something encouraging like that?
    Perfect

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my MIL I was looking for a book about IVF for my DD. (A picture book) MIL asked me why would I tell DD. Does she really need to know. I argued the point yes Dd needs to know. It is part of our life.
    I felt really bad and guilty so I didn't bother getting her one. Now DD is 6 and I wish I had

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveabug View Post
    I told my MIL I was looking for a book about IVF for my DD. (A picture book) MIL asked me why would I tell DD. Does she really need to know. I argued the point yes Dd needs to know. It is part of our life.
    I felt really bad and guilty so I didn't bother getting her one. Now DD is 6 and I wish I had
    Where did I really come from :-)

And hugs :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will be hopefully doing an FET cycle soon for #2. I told my Mum and she was pretty much "you have 1, you don't need to go through that again". I understand why, I got severe OHSS the first time and she is probably worried, but stil so anointing. Another one is, children aren't everything plenty of people don't have any.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zobear For This Useful Post:

MummaCat  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People are stupid when it comes to things they dont understand.
    While we didnt have as much trouble as some of you I have been through an IVF cycle as an egg donor.

I would get comments like
    "why would you go through all of that for nothing? "
    "But you don't even really know them why would you do it when its not your problem?"

No it wasnt my problem and no I didnt know them before all this but I can say everyone should have the chance to experience the joys of children like I have so why not?

Needless to say the people who made those comments are history because if they are that bloody selfish I dont want to know them. I wasnt asking them to do it or be there or pay for it. I just wanted them to be aware there are people out there who need help and if we all tried to do something to help wouldnt it be a nicer place.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gold coast mumma For This Useful Post:

besha  (04-04-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-04-2014),Booboo78  (05-04-2014),Chiefsgirl  (06-04-2014),DT75  (22-06-2015),Funchu  (03-04-2014),Mrsmissy  (04-04-2014),penny92  (05-04-2014),PurpleTulips  (04-04-2014)