+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing my third fresh cycle at the moment and have had one FET. This from 60 eggs over all the cycles. Because I've had 4 lots of embryos inserted my sister suggested that it is only like I've tried 4 times to get pregnant and I shouldn't be worrying that I haven't gotten pregnant yet. For me with the 60 eggs it makes me feel like I've tried 60 times to get pregnant. How do others feel about this kind of thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    I'm doing my third fresh cycle at the moment and have had one FET. This from 60 eggs over all the cycles. Because I've had 4 lots of embryos inserted my sister suggested that it is only like I've tried 4 times to get pregnant and I shouldn't be worrying that I haven't gotten pregnant yet. For me with the 60 eggs it makes me feel like I've tried 60 times to get pregnant. How do others feel about this kind of thing?
    Yes I agree with u.. Iv not made it to transfer yet but finally have two frosties after 3 cycles, last cycle had 21 embryos all perfect until I got them pgd tested and was left with only two so yea I'm with u on that one x good luck with everything ,z where r u at the moment on your cycle

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm just subbing to this thread. I've had my fair share of insensitive comments from people who don't understand what it's like to try for so long or need help through ivf.

I've had people tell me that having babies should be easy & if it's not maybe we're not meant to be parents....I couldn't justify that with an answer & we no longer really talk anymore. I couldn't be bothered being around people with these attitudes...some people just have no idea !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I'm just subbing to this thread. I've had my fair share of insensitive comments from people who don't understand what it's like to try for so long or need help through ivf.

I've had people tell me that having babies should be easy & if it's not maybe we're not meant to be parents....I couldn't justify that with an answer & we no longer really talk anymore. I couldn't be bothered being around people with these attitudes...some people just have no idea !!
    I would have punched someone in the face if I got told that !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rtropps For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I unfortunately never got there with my own eggs (after multiple IUIs and 7 full stim IVF cycles). So to Sth Africa we went. When I finally got my dream of having a gorgeous little man via donor egg, I was informed that my husband's family had said 'typical of them to go and get a designer baby'. WTF!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-05-2014),MrsJoey  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    I unfortunately never got there with my own eggs (after multiple IUIs and 7 full stim IVF cycles). So to Sth Africa we went. When I finally got my dream of having a gorgeous little man via donor egg, I was informed that my husband's family had said 'typical of them to go and get a designer baby'. WTF!!!!
    WTF indeed! Yay for a donor egg & congrats on your gorgeous little man!

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love everyone asking if you can feel anything during the TWW. Yes of course I can because my embryos are supercharged & send out little signals each day to let me know how they're going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the worst comment I've gotten so far is that maybe I'm not yet pregnant because I "want it too much". Ummm what the?! And one of my best friends, who has actually been really lovely and supportive thus far in most respects, turned around the other day and said that sometimes it's just too hard bring a mum and she sometimes wishes she could go back to her old, pre-baby, life. This was literally 5 minutes after we spoke about my ivf treatment and everything I need to go through just to maybe get into her position. Seriously just wanted to shake her...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

MrsJoey  (12-03-2014),NessyNoodle867  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thread - made me smile at how stupid some people are. I know I'll be back over the next few weeks.....we start our first ICSI IVF cycle in a week.

I told my sister yesterday, texted her because I wasn't up to talking and her response was, "quick hurry" wtf? I know people struggle with what to say and I get that, but really you've got nothing else lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    it really ****es me off that my best friend is excited for us to do IVF, we have been thinking about it for around a year now and for the last few months she has been saying "Just do IVF" like its a easy decision that will work like magic. She says that if we do IVF this year we can be pregnant together, I'm sorry but you don't know that so don't say it oh and thank you for pointing our how easy it is for you to get pregnant