+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Most annoying things people say when you tell them you are going through IVF.

I told dh is we ever go donor I wants a chocolate baby lol

Sticky vibes laned!!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new to this thread but i think it's awesome!

After 2 ectopics and 1 chem preg i get " well at least u k now u can get preg " r u effing serious???!!! That's supposed to make me feel better??? And the other is " well maybe it's ur body telling u ur not meant to have babies? and " why do u keep putting urself through it )?

If you haven't been through IVF do us all a favour and keep any comments u have to yourself i think cos they really have no idea just how much it can hurt hearing it, even tho they don't mean their comments to be..

Good luck to u all

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kazzy76 For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (17-09-2012),laned  (17-09-2012),Rutabaga  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    Wow girls this is an amazing thread.

I do have to say, stuck here in bed with yet another threatened miscarriage, your postings have brought a smile to my face in that, it is amazing that the world appears to be full of these lay people who are fertility experts.

If I had a dollar for every time I have heard any of the following, it could have at least paid for one of our cycles:

'you just need to relax'
    'i know a couple and they tried IVF for years. Then they decided to give up and when they stopped trying she fell pregnant'
    'You should just go on a holiday'
    'maybe it's the universes way of saying it's meant to be'

Oh and my favorite after deciding to go to South Africa for egg donation:
    'does that mean you are going to have a black baby.'

WTF is wrong with people?????????
    Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - sending happy vibes love

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mantha77 For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a great thread, I’ve read most of the comments but not all, so I’m not sure if this has been brought up before. A lady at my work mentioned the other day that tax payers have to pay for couples going through IVF and she wasn’t very impressed!! I was in shock, do people really think like this? Of course it’s coming from people with no heart and no compassion and obviously no fertility struggles. I just can’t stop thinking about it, I’ve never heard this before and even though she said it 2 weeks ago I can’t get it out of my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^ OMG what an idiot. And those babies born via those IVF treatments will become taxpaying citizens to fund her in her old age. It constantly amazes me the number of ignorant people who make complaints about "their" tax dollars being used to pay for things for "other people". It's a society folks, this is how it works: money goes in via tax, money goes out via appropriate spending on what is best for the country overall. You can't specify what "your" tax is spent on. Gee, hope she never uses Medicare or any other government service for ANYTHING EVER.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    ^^ OMG what an idiot. And those babies born via those IVF treatments will become taxpaying citizens to fund her in her old age. It constantly amazes me the number of ignorant people who make complaints about "their" tax dollars being used to pay for things for "other people". It's a society folks, this is how it works: money goes in via tax, money goes out via appropriate spending on what is best for the country overall. You can't specify what "your" tax is spent on. Gee, hope she never uses Medicare or any other government service for ANYTHING EVER.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but at the time I was just in shock at her attitude and worried how many others think like that. Plus I was at work so even if I was thinking straight I didn't want to get in a heated debate with someone so uneducated anyway. She's also dumb as mostly everyone who does IVF pays tax anyway right? So, really, we are paying for our own IVF and any Medicare rebates we get back is technically our own money!

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    Such a great thread, I’ve read most of the comments but not all, so I’m not sure if this has been brought up before. A lady at my work mentioned the other day that tax payers have to pay for couples going through IVF and she wasn’t very impressed!! I was in shock, do people really think like this? Of course it’s coming from people with no heart and no compassion and obviously no fertility struggles. I just can’t stop thinking about it, I’ve never heard this before and even though she said it 2 weeks ago I can’t get it out of my mind.
    She is a tool.
    IVF pushes us over the medicare safety net blardy fast, and that's about it. We get some of the thousands we pay back. Just like the anyone else would. Grrr. Was she purposely trying to wind you up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katherinelouise View Post
    She is a tool.
    IVF pushes us over the medicare safety net blardy fast, and that's about it. We get some of the thousands we pay back. Just like the anyone else would. Grrr. Was she purposely trying to wind you up?
    That’s what surprised me the most. She is the quiet lady who doesn’t normally put her two cents in, she’s just always been the friendly, keep to herself type. I was actually talking to another colleague in the kitchen about it so when she made that comment I was just speechless

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you don't mind but I've just read through some of this thread because I have a very close relative who's just started fertility treatment. She knew it would be an issue beforehand but tried for over a year.

She told me they've started treatment and I can see that reactions are important. I just have no idea what to say. I think I am guilty of saying that it's exciting that they're starting treatment. I guess I thought being positive was better? I'm also pregnant and I said that if she needs anything at all I'm here for her, but if she can't stand the sight of me right now I completely accept that.

I can see a lot of bad reactions you've all received from people, but what is a good reaction? What do you need from those around you?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

laned  (25-09-2012)