+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 years trying View Post
    I really hate how people say just go on a holiday and forget about it and it will happen i got told this again yesterday by a lady at work i always just smile.and say yeah but yesterday id had enough and said i dont ovulate on my own so yeah we could be going at it like rabbits but it wont do anything she said what about ivf i said been there done that for the past 2 years if my 3 doctors one who has a phd in misscarriages cant find a reason for my miscarriages but hey if you think you have all the answers then great but i have heard it all before i them got up and left

I understand totally. I always get people, when I say that my DH has no sperm, then trying to tell me how you never know, it could just happen. Their husband had low sperm count & it still happened, etc etc. Ummm, a world expert in the field has literally cut open DH's balls, and searched through every bit of them with a microscope & couldn't find a single sperm. But sure, it might just happen naturally .... because it did for you. I know people mean well, but they really seem to have trouble grasping that not everybody has the same situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So I haven't started IVF yet, but I will need to in future for any more children.

A little while back I was discussing needing IVF, and this person was saying that I shouldn't worry about it, that I'm young and will fall pregnant naturally when my body is ready to, that I shouldn't have any problems with it. Especially since I already have one child.

Errr....I don't think so! Considering I only have one tube which is completely blocked, and I haven't fallen pregnant naturally within the last 4 years of it being diagnosed, I highly doubt that it's going to happen!!

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katherinelouise View Post
    I got results back from a bunch of tests yesterday. I was talking to a friend about them, and her comment was that at least I can get pregnant. Not too bad, except I'd just told her my body was actively killing my embies, and a gene abnormality meant that even if any survive to implantation they'd have to survive a sh!tload of tiny blood clots after implanting in a screwed up lining. So yes, I can indeed fall pregnant, woop de doo! I can drive too. Wouldn't do me much good if I could only drive into brick walls.
    Oh I love that comparison!!

I got my ultimate clanger last week - was telling someone that it looked like we wouldn't have any embies to test (we are doing CGD) and got "Oh well maybe it's [ie us having a baby] just not meant to be."

OMG! I could not think of a less supportive comment! Best part? The person who said it was my MUM. Way to go mum. Cheers for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Tiggerfields that's terrible!!!!

I think sometimes people just say these things to make themselves feel better.

For example: Last night I was talking with my neighbour (who has been trying herslef for 8 months and knows that we have struggled with IVF) says "Did you know about this jelly stuff that comes out of you?" No ive been TTC for 6 years and I didnt - Really?!!! And then she says "Oh I know heaps of people that have fallen after stopping IVF, don't worry it will happen for you, you just never know!" Um yes I do know it wont happen for us naturally for us, over $20000 and two different FS proves that it wont! Then she went on to say "Ooooo we will be pregnant together and we can have a mummies group!" Way to make me feel even worse, while all the other women in my street get together for a coffee and children play date I will just sit at home and be the sad childess women alone...great...

My all time favourite is ...'Why don't you just adopt?" If it was that easy don;t you think we would have already?!

I think some people are scared to really know how it feels to go through this hell and they just use the default lines to make themselves feel like they have helped us in some way. If we told them how we really felt they would probably run for the hills screaming!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All these make me so grateful we didn't tell anyone til we got our BFP. My heart breaks for you all...our journeys are hard enough without all the useless "advice". Even now most of Dh's family don't know. We preferred the "are you too selfish to have kids?" and "tick tock tick tock" comments to all their potential expert Ivf advice.

Hugs to you all.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Abubby View Post
    If we told them how we really felt they would probably run for the hills screaming!!!
    Oh god ain't that the truth. This road sure does turn one into a bitter old cow some (most!) days. Thus my avatar I'm so glad there are places like this where we can talk to other people who get it.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard heaps of annoying and hurtful things, but my most hated would have to be the 'friend of a friend' stories.

Sorry, but until it happens to me, I will remain a bitter old K'iesha

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread is hilarious. We frequently get, 'just relax and it will happen' hmmm, we're lesbians and neither of us have penises so it's actually not just going to happen! Or worse, from my dad who can't fathom the money we're spending, 'why don't you just go to the local footy club after a grand final and find a good looking young lad', hmmmm because we're lesbians, and that would be wrong!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jaandaw For This Useful Post:

rae81  (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I particularly hate the "why don't you just go to a nightclub?" Do they think I didn't try that? Must I pay the price of being deemed unloveable by every date I've ever had and have to hear their thoughtless stupidity as well? I've now started answering that by asking them if they really think it's a good idea. Then I can watch them be ashamed of themselves. Never failed yet.

The adoption thing annoys me as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have really enjoyed reading all the posts, cheers ladies

I had my best friend mother keep "shhhhhhing" me one day when we were talking about IVF, said I would freak my self out of having a baby....... Hmmmmmmm