+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it when people try and compare their experience and sympathise how hard it is - trying for five months to get pregnant is not hard!! You cannot compare trying for a few months and then successfully getting pregnant to the endless highs and lows of LTTC and IVF.

We are not in the same boat, you were never in my boat

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (26-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love this thread, haven't laughted this good in a while.

The best/worst comments for me so far;

You should have s3x with you DH more often

Don't give up ttc naturally, your healthy and it will happen

Try the pill for a month or two then stop, it will happen straight away

Don't know where my insensitive friends got those ideas, as I have no tubes after having them removed from being too damaged and these are some of the people I have told!!! The other thing that gets my goat, is the people out there that are terrible parents, resenting their kids for ruining their lives(you should of used a form of contraception) or because they had to spend their hard earned money on them(get off you a$$, and work harder) or worse, like abusing them either verbally or physically. No wonder psychopaths exist in this world, as some children can't
    even get the love, attention and parenting they deserve(they are the ones who should be infertile or sterilized not us IVF'ers that just want a baby to love and hold and care for)

Good luck to all of you (and me) on the journey to parenthood!! May we all get a BFP very soon

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tj79 For This Useful Post:

Mantha77  (02-09-2012),~ElectricPink~  (04-08-2012)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    "Wow, you want to start a family? That's surreal!"

...not sure what that was meant to convey, considering this came from someone with much-wanted young kids. I put it down to her not knowing how to respond. But not an easily forgettable comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    I hate it when people try and compare their experience and sympathise how hard it is - trying for five months to get pregnant is not hard!! You cannot compare trying for a few months and then successfully getting pregnant to the endless highs and lows of LTTC and IVF.

We are not in the same boat, you were never in my boat
    Oh my gosh, I had this the other week... Friends of ours that knew what we were going through... In fact had out m/c at their house then they call all excited, talking about the fact they will have a babu before Christmas (we were due nov 30) and had the nerve to say to us "don't worry it will happen for you guys it wasn't easy for us either" (excuse me if 6 months and first round if clomid got you pregnant) Rhhhhhh

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - last embie fx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Mantha77  (02-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Scruffy;6655998]I hate it when people try and compare their experience and sympathise how hard it is - trying for five months to get pregnant is not hard!! You cannot compare trying for a few months and then successfully getting pregnant to the endless highs and lows of LTTC and IVF.

We are not in the same boat, you were never in my boat[/QUOTE

Oh my gosh, I had this the other week... Friends of ours that knew what we were going through... In fact had out m/c at their house then they call all excited, talking about the fact they will have a babu before Christmas (we were due nov 30) and had the nerve to say to us "don't worry it will happen for you guys it wasn't easy for us either" (excuse me if 6 months and first round if clomid got you pregnant) Rhhhhhh

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - last embie fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL love this thread.

Today I had

'I was just thinking, even when couples concieve without assistance it usually takes a few 'cycles' to fall pregnant - I have heard of some couples taking 6months.'

yeah NOT HELPFUL

I think the worst is 'I have a good feeling this time' I really just wanna say I am glad you have a good feeling but good feeling dont make babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Bek, but I'm a bit confused by your post. You don't like people saying they've heard it can take a few cycles ... but saying they're feeling positive for you this time is no good either? What is it then that people could say that is all right? I think that's being a little bit harsh - sounds like they're only trying to be nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like being compared to someone who gets to try naturally because what I (i dont know your story) have and am going through will never compare to that. I also don't find people saying they have a good feeling helpful either because well I hear it all the time and well it just does not make me feel any better or more hopefull its not that is upsets me or anything I just think its one of those things people say because they don't know what else to say.....there are plenty of things people can say that are right (and I don't think you have the right to imply that I would not think there was) for example the flowers and 3 blocks of chocolate i found on my table yesterday that a friend had come into my house while i was away and left for me. this same friend also told me that she would be chanting for my embies but in her head because it might look funny her sitting at working yelling 'embies embies embies' this i found very funny and heart warming

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got results back from a bunch of tests yesterday. I was talking to a friend about them, and her comment was that at least I can get pregnant. Not too bad, except I'd just told her my body was actively killing my embies, and a gene abnormality meant that even if any survive to implantation they'd have to survive a sh!tload of tiny blood clots after implanting in a screwed up lining. So yes, I can indeed fall pregnant, woop de doo! I can drive too. Wouldn't do me much good if I could only drive into brick walls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hate how people say just go on a holiday and forget about it and it will happen i got told this again yesterday by a lady at work i always just smile.and say yeah but yesterday id had enough and said i dont ovulate on my own so yeah we could be going at it like rabbits but it wont do anything she said what about ivf i said been there done that for the past 2 years if my 3 doctors one who has a phd in misscarriages cant find a reason for my miscarriages but hey if you think you have all the answers then great but i have heard it all before i them got up and left